TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Steel 2

+3
RawkHawk
Dunncor
PlatinumSamusUK
7 posters

Go down

Red Steel 2 Empty Red Steel 2

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:01 pm

OK, so the first wasn't all that cop and definately got rushed to launch alongside the Wii, but the noises coming out of Ubisoft make it seem as though they know what they did wrong, and are doing their best to address everything that made that game so mediocre. With Motion Plus, the controls should, with a bit of luck, be a huge improvement. Ubi had better improve their writing on this one though, the original was so diabolically riddled with cliche it made me cringe. The graphical style is a total revamp, seemingly taking pointers from Okami in terms of the pastelled efect, which I can't deny to being enthused about.

So what are your thoughts on and hopes for Red Steel 2?

The game is out on 26th March (UK) as a standalone game or a bundle with the Wii Motion Plus accessory.

EDIT: Speaking of which, should I be buying the game from Amazon for £29.73 or from ShopTo for £29.85? Having a tighter wallet than a proverbial duck's ass, I'd usually go for the cheaper, but it seems that delivery would take up to 5 days, and I know people tend to like ShopTo. Advice?
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Red Steel 2 Empty Re: Red Steel 2

Post by Dunncor Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:08 pm

I hate Amazon's delivery... the Free Super Saver delivery that is. I'd recomened using at least the delivery worth £2, which places the price higher than ShopTo. Who give you 1st Class Record delivery for Free.

Anyway.

I want this game, so much... It's one of the first major WM+ games (7 months after >_>) but it's chosen a bad month to be released in, plus a bad day. As it goes directly head to head with Gold and Silver
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:06 am

I'm really interested in this game, but it's gonna be one of those games I won't get for at least a few months. I lack the money and the money I'm getting soon is for social stuff and college.

Also, I'm gonna try to complete Red Steel soon. I know there's virtually no relation, but still...
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:36 am

Has it got co-op gameplay?

Currently enjoying Borderlands and this looks to have a similar vibe, I may pick it up alongside my new Wii .... yes another one Very Happy pmsl
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks to Cory for the advice. Time to cancel my Amazon order then I think.

I probably would have bought the game had it not been bundled with the Motion Plus, but since it is, and looking at the price of the standalone unit, I'm getting a very good deal on the game itself. I'll also then have the peripheral ready for when the inevitable compatible Zelda game comes out. If there's a reason for me to ever get a second Motion Plus, I'll buy Wii Sports Resort, because that too is going for a good price on ShopTo.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 am

Just seen some more, if I had the money this would be a day 1 purchase for me.

Damn you chicken and egg !!!
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 am

SHOPTO DELIVERY NOTICE

Your Order has been dispatched!

ShopTo Delivery Number SDN621828

Dear OWEN CHAPMAN,

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been dispatched today by ROYAL MAIL. You should receive your order in the mail tomorrow, please keep this email until your order arrives. Please note if you change your mind about a purchase you may return it to us unopened at your own expense within 7 days of receipt of goods for a full refund, after 7 days we do not accept any returns. We only accept cancellation by email; please keep copy of the email as proof of notification.

That's all of 3 days before the release date. These ShopTo guys are good. Think I'll be using them more often.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Post up a Review a.s.a.p

I need to get saving for this Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Postie came by earlier today, but typically enough, nobody was around to open the door for him. That's what I get for getting it with the motion plus I guess, it no longer fits through the letterbox. Instead of having a shiny new game I have a crappy little bit of card telling me I wasn't around when the post came. Yeah, I figured that much. Post office tomorrow.

As for a review; you've got your hopes pretty high. I'm too busy these days to breathe, let alone write a review. Maybe someone else will oblige.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:34 am

lol, never mind positive reviews coming in from game sites, so it seems a pretty safe purchase Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:32 am

Without me and my preaching of Shopto. You would of never heard of the damn thing! lol Only joking.

Ah bugger you weren't in then PS. Shopto does delivery on their 1st class delivery policy Very Happy
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:20 am

I won a copy of this on Twitter...should be arriving tomorrow or Friday =D
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 am

Thanks Owen! I received £1 credit for that, it makes my Soul Silver even cheaper! Very Happy

Ian: You're lucky! Also the guy is pretty good at sending, I won a flash drive from him too, and he sent it in about 2 days!
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Picked this up today. The cardboard box it came in was obviously too big to fit through the postbox, hence why I got the note yesterday, but it sure looks like the postie gave it a right good go. The thing is slightly mashed. What an arse.

Anyway, the game isn't too bad so far. I'm having a few issues with aiming at things on the ground, but the majority is OK up to this point. Crisp graphics, super-smooth frame rate, and character models that suffer less from uncanny valley than most. I'm fairly happy with this one.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:16 am

Cool Very Happy

Most posties are thick tho lol, Had a Do not bend package pushed thru the door bent in half Mad
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:24 pm

I shall just add; Voice acting; huuuuge improvement, for the most part. There are some excellent dialogues, as far in as I am at any rate.

The cutscenes are absolutely lush.

Last edited by PlatinumSamusUK on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:51 am

Sounding good, anyone wanna lend me the cash to go buy it ;D lol
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:12 am

Right. Finished the storyline as of last night. Gotta say, it's one of the best games so far this year...

*OPINIONSTAMP*

But seriously, it is very good indeed. It has it's falldowns, mainly a few glitches, like ending up outside the map, getting stuck in a battle situation (life doesn't regenerate) when you're not in a batle, not being able to exit from cracking a safe (not that you'd want to), and some of the game doesn't flow entirely logically, but for the most part, it's supremely entertaining.

It's only 34 in the UK chart this week, and I don't know why. It's a good game on Wii, It's a mature game on Wii, and it's bloody good fun. More people really should be buying it.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue May 04, 2010 5:43 pm

I was shocked to see that this game was dropped in price at my local Gamestation to about £28! The game hasn't even been out that long...what are they doing wrong this time? Have people given up on it from the first poor performance?
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Tue May 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Why are you shocked? I got it 3 days early for just under £30 with Motion Plus. On ShopTo, it's as low as £20 on it's own. There's nothing wrong with the game, it's one of maybe the top 25 games on the Wii. It hasn't seemingly sold entirely well, but there's nothing inherently wrong with the game.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue May 04, 2010 6:07 pm

I'm shocked that it dropped in price so quickly, I never claimed there was..sorry if you got that impression! I am just wondering why it hasn't been as well received this time around..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Tue May 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Because the average Wii consumer still wets the bed.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue May 04, 2010 6:14 pm

I disagree there, plenty of people around who are of legal age to play Red Steel 2, I just think the game is still overshadowed by games such as Wii Fit Plus..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed May 05, 2010 4:08 am

PlatinumSamusUK wrote:Because the average Wii consumer still wets the bed.

Best. Quote. Ever.

I've yet to complete it...I'll play more after my huuuuge backlog Very Happy
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: