TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Remake announced

3 posters

Go down

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Remake announced Empty Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Remake announced

Post by RawkHawk Tue May 25, 2010 10:38 am

http://www.cubed3.com/news/14139

Now, there are some remakes I'm opposed to (I'm looking at you, Resi). However, this is one we need. If anyone's played Mystery of the Emblem for the SNES, you'll know how annoying the gameplay mechanics are. Not just that, but the game was never released outside of Japan and it'd be stupid to release Shadow Dragon but not the sequel. The sequel develops on the original story a lot and fleshes out certain characters more.

Spoiler:

Anyway, the game's also good as it also added new mechanics that are crucial to newer Fire Emblem games such as showing where players can move (which was annoying not knowing in the previous two games) and some that only appeared in some Fire Emblem games such as dismounting (where horseback units could get off their horses, which could affect gameplay). However, the games needs to use new mechanics too. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon could have been so much better, missing out many features from newer games (e.g. rescues and proper supports). I'm hoping this new game will have these features.

One thing interesting about the original game is that it contained a remake of its predecessor, as well as a whole new game (Book 1 was the original game, Book 2 was the new game). Can we assume that this game is just Book 2? Or does Nintendo have some surprises?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Remake announced Empty Re: Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Remake announced

Post by Darren Tue May 25, 2010 4:27 pm

They may include all of that, and more!

I'm happy you're looking forward to it, i've never played a Fire Emblem game before, would this be one to start out with?
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Remake announced Empty Re: Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Remake announced

Post by RawkHawk Wed May 26, 2010 3:33 am

I have no idea if this is a good one to start off with, seeing as how it's not released yet. However, I'd probably say no anyway. Find a copy of Fire Emblem for the GBA (it's just called Fire Emblem. Don't mistake it for Sacred Stones). It's an excellent game with the easiest to understand mechanics, great characters, great story and was designed for new players.

Edit: From Serenes Forest:

That person

A translation of the text in the teaser video.

"There is not a soul who does not know the name of Marth, the Hero King who saved the world
But there are few who know of "that person"'s name
Marth swings his blade in battle
By his side are many renowned heroes...
As well as "that person"'s figure
"That person" was Marth's confidant and friend
A shadow who supported Marth's victories
The history books held no record of this hero of shadow
Another main character of the War of Heroes
Their name was---"

Heroes of Light and Shadow

This is minor speculation on my part, but the existence of this tagline seems to suggest a significant addition to the original Mystery of the Emblem (compared to Shadow Dragon, which had no additional name). The "Hero of Light" seems to refer to either Marth or Marth's companions. The mysterious "Hero of Shadow", who may also be the shadowy figure besides Marth in the game logo, could be referring to the player (you). Perhaps hinting of a revival of the Tactician system used in Blazing Sword?

I personally think it's hinting at being a certain character from FE1 who has a major role in FE3.

Spoiler:
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Right, some new info has come in Very Happy

Confirmed:
-Newly added My Unit feature. In the prologue, you play as a character created by yourself who joins Marth's army, and grows to be one of Marth's best units. A variety of features can be added here, such as physical features (e.g. afro, monocle, eyepatch, different hairstyles) and class (e.g. Mage, Myrmidon, Mercenary)
-WiFi connectivity
-Same graphical style as Shadow Dragon
-Returning characters include Marth, Sheeda, Ogma, Kain, Feena and Wrys, although it's likely all original characters will return
-Interesting to note is that Wrys, a character cut from the original game, appears in this game. This hints that more characters cut, such as Darros and Barst, may return.
-Japanese release date is 15th July 2010

Unconfirmed:
-New maps can be downloaded online
-With the My Unit feature, you can set a character's past, present and future
-New mode: Casual Mode. In this mode, no characters in your party die
-Guide Feature lets you look at characters and Akaenia (the region FE is set) in detail
-Reclassing returns
-Online shop returns
-Prologue is a tutorial
-Four modes right from the start: Normal, Hard, Maniac and Lunatic
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:48 am

Woah sounds like the definitive FE game...

I might pick this up when it comes to the UK Very Happy
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:55 pm

I'd suggest you play Shadow Dragon first, Ian. It's the prequel to this game, and although it's probably one of the worst Fire Emblems out there (if you want a good FE, try Fire Emblem for GBA), it's good for understanding this game. Mystery of the Emblem - Hero of Light and Shadow looks better than Shadow Dragon by a mile. The original game also built up on many characters such as Xane, Navarre and Tiki, and hopefully it'll build up on more.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum