TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

+3
Dunncor
Pwiimus
Darren
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kirby's Epic Yarn Empty Kirby's Epic Yarn

Post by Darren Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Kirby is back! The cute pink puff is here in an all new epic adventure for Wii, Kirby's Epic Yarn!

What are your first thoughts and reactions to the game and Kirby's return? Post your comments below! Very Happy
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Kirby's Epic Yarn Empty Re: Kirby's Epic Yarn

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:55 am

Epic yawn you mean

See a pattern emerging here?

I know the history of this forum started with a Wii theme, but this blatant fanboism of bigging up Ninetendo even tho it's obvious they're losing it is getting a little tiresome Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_rolleyes
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:10 am

I honestly don't see how Nintendo are losing, I didn't see much of Sony's conference so I wont comment on them. But with Microsoft, if you're not interested in Kinect, they basically told you to piss off with Halo, Fable and Gears which we'd already heard of.

Again, another awesome looking game. Graphics remind me heavily of Yoshi's Story for some reason, but applied to Kirby. Then yarn mixed in. Looks to be a very unique game, lots of interesting game mechanics.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:09 am

True I guess, but then everyone knew about Zelda, Metroid and Wii Party. While a Mario sports compilation has hardly stunned people to silence and while Kid Icarus looks nice people were guessing at him turning up soon.

Where was Vitality, F-Zero, a 3D Donkey Kong Platformer, Wii HD.

What I'm saying is all the good stuff was expected, where were the surprises. Hell I'd have like WTF!! if they'd showed Mario Galaxy on 3DS, or even for that matter Mario Sunshine.

Could you imagine a 3D Mario in 3D!!, that would have made a show stopper right there.

In my opinion Nintendo and Sony played it safe, targeting the main audiences. Where as Microsoft are putting it right out there, going against their colours and trying something different.

I love the full body thing with Kinnect, watching the Kinect Sports trailer where you kick the ball to each other or run then throw a javelin, all without the worry of throwing a controller at the screen, that was cool and never seen before.

I for one am giving the show to Microsoft, I doubt anyone on these boards will agree with me but that's life. I guess it's just that having spent over 26 years playing games I'm not quite prepared to play the same games over and over lol
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:33 am

where were the surprises? pretty much every non-Zelda game was a surprise or at least on rumor level. I have no idea what you're talking about.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 am

OK I'll make it clear where were the Wow moments beside Kid Icarus?

As I stated in my post, A party game, a sports collection and a graphically (if only slightly) re-imagining of a Snes game are not enough to make anyone say that Nintendo won.

Sometimes being a fanboy blinds you to the obvious I'm afraid Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_biggrin
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:33 am

I think having a 3D Mario would have caused people to complain about too much Mario. We technically have Paper Mario coming for 3DS (Which I simply cannot wait for!) and I am very pleased we've seen so far, especially this game.

I just love the whole style of it, it's unique and fresh, it's something unexpected and I think it's going to play out really well! A lot of people wanted a new Kirby game, I cross my fingers that it won't be too long before we see him again on the console.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:35 am

It's not fanboyism. Nintendo generally were that good. I didn't expect a new Donkey Kong Country, or a new Kid Icarus, amongst other things. The only surprise I got with Microsoft was the Slim. What Nintendo has done is exactly what the fans want: hardcore games.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:39 am

Oh and I just have to say, the airship, car, skateboarding Kirby was just SO FREKEN CUTE! <3
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:35 am

As I stated in my post, A party game, a sports collection and a
graphically (if only slightly) re-imagining of a Snes game are not
enough to make anyone say that Nintendo won.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3943

"But GameFAQs is biased!"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3725

"But GameFAQs are kiddies!"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3864

"How do you know GameFAQs and your anecdotal feelings are the world?"

Because it's sure as hell more than anything you provided.

Sometimes being a fanboy blinds you to the obvious I'm afraid Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_biggrin
You asked for surprises. "surprises" aren't things only you would be surprised by. MGS on 3DS and Paper Mario on 3DS are surprises. So is DKC Returns. The only thing we pretty much damn expected 100% were Zelda and Metroid.

You want to know predictability?

CoD: Black Ops after 3 years of Modern Warfare. Another Halo. Another Gears of War after the first was just five years ago. You can't complain about shit.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 am

Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_biggrin lol temper temper pmsl

I aint banging on about the other show tho am I?

I personally don't play any of those games thanks very much Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_biggrin well maybe a little Halo or Gears here and there, but I'm hardly their biggest fan.

Seems some people are so desperate for the show to have been great, even tho it dissapointed them that they are willing to fthrow anything they can at someone, just because they are a little grown up to be blown away by what is shown
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:41 am

I'd say you were 'banging on' in practically every thread i've made about games released by Nintendo this E3. If I had seen some constructive arguments as to why you showed a dislike, then I might be able to defend you, but when you're just going to reply with some rather childish comments then I simply can't. Just have your opinion, and we'll smile and nod politely.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:55 am

Seems some people are so desperate for the show to have been great, even
tho it dissapointed them
You are the only person disappointed, and until you realize this you are the actual fanboy in this topic.

Provide something other than your own opinion and we'll get somewhere with this.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:58 am

I think I've been pretty constructive in most threads tbh.

Yes in some I have been a little ott in my negative reasoning however I have stated positives I've taken from the show in others.

I like the 3DS even tho the stylings off, I like the look of Kid Icarus, Metal Gear and the idea of playing Saints Row on it is cool.

I have just been stating with reasons why this show wasn't that good, whereas others have just jizzed over it because it's Nintendo.

I'm sorry if that offends but I have given more reasoned reasons for why the show was not all that, than others have positive.

I have taken the time to respond to most diagreements with my thoughts without coming off like my mother has been called a whore. There just games people, no need to get all aggressive and defensive over them.

I love loads of shit that you lot couldn't give a toss about, but you don't see me getting all heated about it Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_biggrin

I've even started a thread in the Microsoft bit for you guys to get it all off your chest Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_biggrin
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:01 pm

I have just been stating with reasons why this show wasn't that good,
whereas others have just jizzed over it because it's Nintendo.
No, you essentially stated things as if only Nintendo fans liked it and nobody else does, and then when given a site that has shown no previous Nintendo fanboyism in recent years, you play it off.

You can't just say we like it because we're Nintendo fans. We didn't like 08 either. Some didn't like 09. It's not coincidence that now the excitement finally beings in '10.

If that's constructive, George Bush debates may not actually be so bad anymore.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 pm

GhostAnime wrote:
Seems some people are so desperate for the show to have been great, even
tho it dissapointed them
You are the only person disappointed, and until you realize this you are the actual fanboy in this topic.

Provide something other than your own opinion and we'll get somewhere with this.

Why do I need to provide anything other than my own opinion?

Is this a Science lesson, do I need to show my Method, Aims and conclusions.

Here Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_razz I'll help you out sorry for the shouting

I DID NOT FIND NINTENDO'S PRESENTATION TO BE ANYTHING THAT SPECIAL, THAT IS MY OPINION 0/10 CATS EXPRESSED A PREFERENCE AS TO IF I WAS RIGHT OR WRONG.

however I did like the 3DS (Have I posted that enough times yet, or has your blind hatred completely overlooked the 100 or so times I have stated this in each f'ing thread on this board Kirby's Epic Yarn Icon_twisted
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Why do I need to provide anything other than my own opinion?

As I stated in my post, A party game, a sports collection and a
graphically
(if only slightly) re-imagining of a Snes game are not
enough to
make anyone say that Nintendo won.
This isn't an opinion. This is an objective idea you're running around with repeating every time you post and then going through the whole 'LOOK YOU'RE JUST BIASED I HAVE MY OPINION QUIT INTERROGATING ME'.

If you can't prove your facts, don't act like they are.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:22 pm

I don't need to prove any facts

I felt that Nintendo didn't win

Sony was ok tho nuthin slzpped me in the face

And Microsoft stuck it's head out and lot's of Sony and Ninty fanboys are giving it a kicking.

As for my 'objective idea'

Wii Party IS a Party game

Mario Mix IS a collection of sports games

and Donkey Kong looks like Donkey Kong with slightly prettier graphics.

These are facts not even opinion lol
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:39 pm

The 'fact' I was talking about was you stating that people not possibly thinking they can win on those terms.

And look at that.. they do.

and Donkey Kong looks like Donkey Kong with slightly prettier graphics.
Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo Reach looks like their respective games with the EXACT same graphics.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:58 pm

And now for some Kirby Epic Yarn chat! Very Happy

Does this have potential to be the big game this christmas? It will be released in 2010, whether that's in Europe or not is another thing..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:31 pm

the lighthearted theme and overall look made me think LittleBig Planet Very Happy

This is a must-buy for me! I wuv Kirby so damn much, and this more than makes up for the gamecube title they cancelled. This new theme suits Kirby's personality entirely.

...and in that trailer, did I JUST HEAR A "Poyo!" ?!?! WIN!
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:41 am

Ah i'm pleased to see some positive response to this, I think the whole game just oozes with cuteness and awesomeness.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 am

Thank god we can talk about the game. I like Pwiimus and all, but I felt like I couldn't post in any topic because of him and GA Sad

Anyway, this is the reason why I love Nintendo. Always imaginative, always going in different directions. <3
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:36 am

I like how colourful it is! I also love how it doesn't stray away from what Kirby is, even though it's an entirely new style of gameplay.

This one is going to be very special!
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Scabby Sid Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:36 am

This looks pretty good. Not Wii-buyingly good (you'd have to be some kind of horrible casual or really rich to own a Wii as a gamer) but looks entertaining definitely with a good concept behind it, and a good re-imagining of Kirby.

On the topic of the off-topic chat, I agree with Pwiimus here, Nintendo are simply being Nintendo and doing what they always do, which is make Zelda games, make sports games based on their other franchises, and make party games that will never be as good as Mario party 4. The fact is, the new Gears of War is bringing even more to the table, and will kick some serious arse, and Kinect is the most ambitious form of motion control out there!

And neither Sony nor Nintendo had gymnasts, space-tunics or elephants!
Scabby Sid
Scabby Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum