TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goldeneye

+4
GhostAnime
Dunncor
Pwiimus
Darren
8 posters

Go down

Goldeneye Empty Goldeneye

Post by Darren Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:11 pm

I never thought i'd see the day, but thirteen years later, Goldeneye returns exclusively for Wii!

Can this game really live up to the original? What do you think to Daniel Craig taking the role as bond in place of Pierce Brosnan? Feel free to leave all your comments below! Very Happy
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Goldeneye Empty Re: Goldeneye

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:52 am

To be honest, the original was way overhyped. Yeah it had multiplayer but the levels were short and consisted of go to point A, press this button, go to point B plant this bomb.

I got to the snow level and was thoroughly bored, have never played it since.

i'm sure despite all the fanboism, that this new iteration will pale next to the legion of 360 and PS3 shooters
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:13 am

I do feel Pwii is slightly correct here, I think this wont be as good as 360/PS3 shooters, but I'll still buy it. Loved the original game, and nostalgia will simply fuel the purchase Razz
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 am

Yes but nostalgia has a habit of kicking you in the ass lol.

I love Nights into Dreams, but was thoroughly dissapointed with the Wii sequel, perhaps it's for the best they hav'nt announced a Skies of Arcadia sequel.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:36 am

Yeah it had multiplayer but the levels were short and consisted of go
to point A, press this button, go to point B plant this bomb.
Well it's a FPS released in 1997 on the n64 console. Give it a break. You can't just compare it to today's games like that.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:58 am

I'm not comapring the 97 version to todays games, tho I did statethat even back then I wasn't that impressed.

It's use of a film license and narative were impressive back then and it's introduction of multiplayer was ground breaking for a console title of the time.

However compared to SM64 it has aged poorly, whereas you could release an HD iteration of SM64 today and claim it to be a new game, the same could not be said of Goldeneye as the genre has moved on greatly.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:39 am

Nostalgia is very important, I am a little worried they're going to screw up the game. Putting Daniel Craig in the game and adding and changing things already, is going to be a worry. I've had bad experiences with Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, expecting it to be something special However, I will give this game a chance, I think they'll be a few surprises for the original fans.

Goldeneye by todays standards isn't anything special, back then it had a lot of respect and praise. Fans have wanted this for so long, but my idea of its return was similar to Perfect Dark on XBLA was.

Let's see how it goes
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:37 am

Pwiimus wrote:To be honest, the original was way overhyped. Yeah it had multiplayer but the levels were short and consisted of go to point A, press this button, go to point B plant this bomb.

I got to the snow level and was thoroughly bored, have never played it since.

i'm sure despite all the fanboism, that this new iteration will pale next to the legion of 360 and PS3 shooters

the campaign in MW2 consisted mostly of just shooting at a horde of enemies so its better to have objectives like that sometimes.
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:32 am

True but then that would make Goldeneye more akin to Metroid Prime as some kind of bastardized FP Platformer.

Which after they delivered 3 games (not including the DS agme) they chose to go back and mix in some old stlye 2D gameplay.

Now imagine Goldeneye goes the same way, in 2015 at E3 they could be revealing James Bond : The Duel Other M ... think about it do we really want that to happen?

(10 points to me for referencing an obscure early 90's game Goldeneye Icon_wink pmsl)
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:56 am

However compared to SM64 it has aged poorly, whereas you could release
an HD iteration of SM64 today and claim it to be a new game, the same
could not be said of Goldeneye as the genre has moved on greatly.
You haven't even played the game yet..

I'm not comapring the 97 version to todays games, tho I did statethat
even back then I wasn't that impressed.
The only other FPS back then was maybe.. I dunno Counterstrike? Half-Life ? Those were PC games as well.

I don't see what the problem is for the game at its time yet.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by pickles Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:58 am

At first glance i wasnt looking forward to it at all. This is mainly because my first thought was " Wow. These graphics are very poor " and " Why are they re releasing an N64 game with only online enhancements on disc and not on wiiware"

However now looking at some of the cam footage and write ups im now convinced that the game is going to be awesome. It is developed by the same guys who did dead space extraction (which was a fantastic on rails shooter) and it is a total retake on the game with a totally different story with modern style missions with new online multiplayer with ranks and XP for specific tasks in online matches that will offer
achievements and unlockables. Also it has fully destructable environments and a really smooth solid frame rate not like CoD or the Conduit on the wii. Also you can use the wiimote and nunchuck or the classic controller.

So I'm now really looking forward to playing the game this november!
pickles
pickles

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:33 am

I find it hard to imagine this revision of the origional being able to match up to it's N64 bretheren. I am unsure how much control of the development Nintendo have handed off, but I certainly hope that they are keeping a close eye on it. The nintendo mentality in more recent years was to develop a gae until they were happy with it. Given that this is due out this year, I certainly hope the development is well into it's final stages, and the remainder of development time to be devoted to putting a polish on the presentation, bug testing and ensuring that what is served up is a well executed, thoroughly enjoyable experience.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger Jesus Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:43 am

A new Goldeneye?! This will be interesting. Played Goldeneye on the N64 like there was no tomorrow. I hope they have the paintball effect cheat and being able to hold dual weapons than just the one.

Ginger Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:59 am

Right as is my want, I'm here to contradict myself and say that after recently repurchasing a Wii and looking at some Goldeneye Vids I'm quite looking forward to it's release Twisted Evil
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum