TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally convinced

+4
PlatinumSamusUK
pickles
GhostAnime
Komodo_Zero
8 posters

Go down

Finally convinced Empty Finally convinced

Post by Komodo_Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:38 am

I'm going to try get me a 360, just too many little exclusives I can't ignore...

Now, this would be a suggestion thread, but I am very much likely to shoot down many suggestions without batting an eyelid... So I feel it's best I actually tell you guys what I'm interested in and the kind of games I like.

Current games of interest are: -
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Ikaruga
Shadow Complex
Portal Still Alive
Rez HD
Spelunky
I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1
Otomedius Excellent
Castlevania Harmony of Despair

As you probably noticed, they are all XBLA games... That's my biggest problem. The lack of physical games I want. Straight off the bat, if you say Halo I'll straight out ignore you, I'm not the least bit interested. I've purposely left out multiplatform games too, as I have a PS3 to get those for the time being.

I'd be interested in JRPGs, various shooters (not FPS unless they're the Half-Life/BioShock/Metroid Prime style) and maybe a few action adventure titles.

I may be a touch specific about what I like, but I kinda want to avoid needless suggestions that I'll ignore.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Finally convinced Empty Re: Finally convinced

Post by GhostAnime Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 am

Unfortunately I don't know if Xbox 360 is a system to get if you're an RPG fan, but if you have the money to dish out anyway, go for it.

Last edited by GhostAnime on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by pickles Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:15 am

Definetly get Mass Effect 2. Its the best game along with SMG2 I've played in the last year.
The World is beautiful, the story's great, the action and gamplay is also really good. However it is the characters that make it so great with all the different and believable personalities that you can get really quite attached to.
Its also a 360 exclusive.

You can buy the first one now for around £8 but it does show its age with an average combat system and a really bad framerate with some bad glitches aswell... but the story still stands out and the story and characters are still great. Also alot of the decisions you made in the first one carry on through and affect the missions on the second. Which is really quite cool.
pickles
pickles

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:18 am

You like Ikaruga, you excellent specimen of the species!

In terms of Bioshock, it sounds like you've got my favourites covered. Bioshock is very good, and The Orange Box is a thoroughly good purchase, and should keep you occupied for a long time. Other than that, those are probably my two favourite games on the Xbox (Other than the Guitar Hero 3 Demo). In terms of the arcade, Geometry Wars can be incredibly entertaining for short play sessions, just don't get high-score obsessive, like I tend to. There's also Braid, which, to me, is one of the most imaginatively concieved games of the past few years.

Bear in miind that I don't subscribe to Gold, have never used Microsoft points, and have only played demos of arcade games.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:31 am

Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, The Last Remenant, Infinite Undiscovery. All top games. I still got Infinite Undiscovery and I might actually start playing that again.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

PlatinumSamus, yes, Ikaruga is awesome.
I already have BioShock (though that was probably apparent) and The Orange Box (twice, actually...), so I'm not too worried there. I forgot about Geometry Wars for a second there, it is indeed hella fun. I also already have Braid on my Mac, but it was a good suggestion none-the-less.

Edit: Had a quick browse of title on Wikipedia and found a few more I'm interested in.
Metal Slug XX
Smash TV (taken down?)
Jet Set Radio
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

Again, they're XBLA titles... I may end up getting titles like Hard Corps Uprising or Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 for the 360, even though they're multiplatform.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Scabby Sid Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:38 pm

I would heartily reccomend MA3D A GA3M W1TH Z0MB13Z!!1!! etc, One of the most fun top-down shooters I've ever played, and well worth 80 MSP.

Also Metal Slug XX is Metal Slug, kinda speaks for itself there.

JRPG-wise, I don't play bad weeaboo games so I wouldn't know.

RPG-Wise I would reccomend Oblivion, Fallout 3 (GOTY) (yes I know those are both multiplat, but well worth getting if you haven't played them) and you might also be able to pick up a copy of KOTOR2 for Xbox pretty cheap, one of the best RPGs to date.

Conceptual FPS-wise, you might like Mirror's Edge (better with a 360 controller because the shape is more natural), which isn't a shooter, but more a First-Person platformer.

And of course there's Brütal Legend, which is multiplatform and not under your categories, but is the most kick-ass game on the market.

If you like The King Of Fighters you might want to consider picking up Super Street Fighter IV or Marvel vs Capcom 2 from XBLA (or wait for MvC3 to come out later this year)
Scabby Sid
Scabby Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Time to comment on said recommendations!

Metal Slug IS Metal Slug XD

Don't bother mentioning a single western RPG to me, they either bore me to death or seem plain off to me.

Already have Mirror's Edge on my PS3. I enjoy it a lot but still haven't gotten round to actually finishing it...

I've been interested in Brutal Legend, but never set the time to give it a proper try.

Already have SSFIV and MvC2 on my PS3 (which will remain my core fighting game system, as I have an arcade stick for it, no need to purchase another one really).

The reason I stated JRPGs in particular is that I'm a big otaku, so I have a heavy preference on most Japanese media. I'm not a complete Japanophilic shut out though.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:09 am

I would definitely look into Lost Odyssey. 4 disc's long and is fantastic all the way through.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:11 am

Lost Odyssey is a pretty awesome JRPG in my opinion, I don't play a lot of them though. Gets pretty damn dificult though.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:14 am

Call it a thread hijack, but I need some opinions (hope you don't mind K_Z)

Right chaps, here's the situ. I currently have a 20GB Xbox Pro. I got my first Xbox second hand from Gamestation for £100, That was the premium, one of the first models, and knowing the fail rate fo 360s, I bought an extension to the 1 year console guarantee which covered me for an extra two years. That leaves me with one year of cover left. The premium died within a week, and they replaced it with an unused second hand Pro, which ran cooler and had HDMI, which the premium didn't. Bonus. Thing is, I'm considering the new 360 "slim". Game will give me £70 store credit for the 360, which means that my current 360 has only depreciated £30 over two years. I also have the original wireless adaptor, which has been fairly useless to me, as the adaptor is unreliable, my BT home hub has a hissy fit whenever I try to play games on Live, and I now set up a network bridge using the laptop whenever I want to connect to Live. I bought that for £50, which was a rip-off in the first place (the only one I’ve encountered with my 360), and accounted for about 1/5th of the price I paid when I got the Xbox and 6 games. But I digress. That can certainly be sold. Question is, should I sell the 360, which has the cover entitling me to a replacement console in the event of failure, and replace it with the new 360, which has thoroughly limited warranty through Microsoft, who are notoriously difficult when it comes to console issues.

Thoughts?

Also note that every single thing I own for the 360 is second hand. I’ve never let Microsoft see aa penny of my money. This would be a first.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Scabby Sid Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:38 am

@PlatSam

GameGears are planning on setting up a trade-in system for 360 Premiums, Pros and PS3s in exchange for the 360 slim in the near future, I would wait and see what they will be offering
Scabby Sid
Scabby Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:48 am

Definitely trade-in for the Slim. Thats all I got to say.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 am

Shop around is my advice, see what all the other dealers are offering, but make a choice fast. The cheapest i've seen a slim for is £179.99 and if you get store credit from the place you're at, you can use that to your advantage and get more pound for your trade in.

I would also suggest going for the slim, it has one year but they're now covering themselves. I'm sure you could possibly pay a little extra to get extra cover, that might be worth it in the long run.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:24 am

My main issue is that the cover I have for another year covers me for pretty much almost anything. The year long warranty I'd get with the slim would be hugely limited; Microsoft do everything they can to avoid doing anything to help you. That and the fact that I don't even use Gold, and that I'm going to university in September makes me wonder if it's really worth it.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum