TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tekken 6 - HELL YEAH!

4 posters

Go down

Tekken 6 - HELL YEAH! Empty Tekken 6 - HELL YEAH!

Post by Vexan Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 am

One great game that is! Tekken 6 is on XBOX 360, PS3 AND PSP, now that's awesome!

The game has a really huge cast of characters and many modes to play in such as Scenario Campaign, Online Co-Op, Online VS, Ghost Battle, Arena, Arcade, Survival, Time Attack, Team Battle, anyone else here has played this?

oh and just a note, Scenario Campaign is so big that it took 12 hours straight '' to an experience player like me '' to finish it, so I can tell to all other players, whoever buys this game, you've got alot for your money! Very Happy

Any players ?
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Tekken 6 - HELL YEAH! Empty Re: Tekken 6 - HELL YEAH!

Post by Wido Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:19 am

I'm yet to play Tekken 6. I'm wishing there will be a demo at some point on the PSN so I could give it a try. I know you can pick it up very cheap nowadays and I might trade-in Army Of Two: 40th Day which to be honest sucks!

More of a Street Fighter fan and Mortal Kombat plus ETERNAL CHAMPIONS! Very Happy
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:46 am

I still think the PSP game will be a let down, like most other PSP games that have ever made it into existence ^_^

Nonetheless, I'm really excited about it 360 wise.
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:47 am

but Tekken Dark Resurrection on PSP was FABULOUS, I have no doubts about Tekken 6 Smile
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:17 am

Vexan wrote:but Tekken Dark Resurrection on PSP was FABULOUS, I have no doubts about Tekken 6 Smile

Do you mind telling me what Tekken 6 is like? I'm in two minds of picking it up!

Last Tekken game I played was Tekken Tag: Tournament on the PS2 which I got with the Station 2 on one christmas day. Best christmas day I have ever had as my Mum n Dad also got me a Gamecube the same year! Mario Kart: DD and Tekken Tag all day Christmas day and New Years with my brother kicking my ass all the time Crying or Very sad
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:28 am

First let me tell you that Tekken 6 is absolutely WONDERFUL!

The game is all your favorite characters from the previous Tekken games including two new playable characters, Lars and Alisa, for you who last played Tag Tournament, you will be amazed by the huge cast of charismatic characters this game has.

a few new modes like :

Scenario Campaign : Play Tekken 6's story in a ''Beat Em Up!!'' style of gameplay,Gain money in your battles and Customize your character to make it stronger, to increase it's energy bar and more! This mode recently got an update patch to allow you to play this online with a partner! Unlock '' Arena '' wich allows you to see each characters ending after you beat it with a character of your choice!

NOTE : Arena ressembles Arcade mode alot, you have a few battles until you get to the final boss, defeat it, see your character's ending, Arena is rather short, but it's sole purpose is to show the character's endings, for the real Tekken fighting experience, go to Offline's Arcade mode, you've got all characters unlocked from the start and you can therefore begin your ultimate clash!

Online Mode : Battle opponents from all around the world

Rank Match - Battle to become #1 !
Player Match - Battle just for fun! This mode does not affect your rank!
Leader Board - See who's on top!

A cool online feature, the ghosts

Data Upload .- Upload your personal Ghost Data!
Data Download - Download Ghost Datas!

What are Ghosts ? Ghosts are CPU-Controllers opponents, they appear in Arcade Battle and Ghost Battle modes, their difficulty level and their fighting style differs depending on the ghost.

Offline Modes

On the Offline mode, you've got 6 playable modes, Arcade Battle, Ghost Battle, Team Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Practice.

Gallery Mode
View Bonuses, Openings and Endings, Credits, replays, and more!

Profile Mode
Customize your own profile and characters!

Option Mode
Set the game's options as you like!

----------------

Now that's for the summary, I'll now tell you about my personal experience with Tekken 6. Alright here go!

When you start tekken 6, you are teased with a rather intriguing Opening scene that takes place a few months after the events of Tekken 5, wich quickly makes you want to venture into the Scenario Campaign mode, where you will go through Tekken 6's true story in a Beat Em Up! style of gameplay, this mode can be played by any character of your choice to begin with, or you can keep Lars wich is the default character in Scenario Campaign mode, in this mode, you are followed by Alisa who is one of the new Tekken 6 characters, she will be your attaching, amazing and catchy partner during this amazing adventure. as you progress in Scenario Campaign mode, each stages you go through will unlock you a new character wich can be used in '' Arena Mode ''.

as you go through Scenario Campaign, you can use money gained in battle to equip your characters with item you've bought, each equippement you'll put on your character will make it stronger, therefore increasing it's energy bar, it's defense, attack or anything like that.

Scenario Campaign mode is really big, for an experienced Tekken gamer like me, it took me 12 hours straight to finish it, so there is in fact alot of story, wonderful cutscenes and amusing bonus / secret stages to unlock, now enough about Scenario Campaign, let's talk about the classic 1 on 1 Tekken 3D fighting style of gameplay!

in Arcade mode, you get to experience the Tekken madness at it's best form with a total of 40 playable characters, the graphics are simply amazing, the soundtrack is wonderful, the gameplay is top notch, this is one great experience to go through! Arcade mode does not have any story added to it, all the story happens in Scenario Campaign mode and Arena.

Now let's talk a bit about the Cutscenes, don't worry I'll keep this spoiler free for you Very Happy

Oh my... the cutscenes, some of the characters ending are some of the most hilarious you'll ever see in a video game, while some others are simply badass and impressive, those wonderful endings makes it fun to rush into Arena mode to unlock them.

I can guarantee I totally enjoyed this game, and it's the Ultimate Experience for ANY tekken fans out there! and I'm glad to recommend you Tekken 6, because this game, there is NOTHING like it!

And here we are, I won't make my post too long, but if you've got a few more questions don't be shy, it'll be my pleasure to answer them. Very Happy

Last edited by Vexan on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:54 am

Vexan wrote:First let me tell you that Tekken 6 is absolutely WONDERFUL!

The game is all your favorite characters from the previous Tekken games including two new playable characters, Lars and Alisa, for you who last played Tag Tournament, you will be amazed by the huge cast of charismatic characters this game has.

For you who's last Tekken was Tag Tournament, there'll be a TON of new characters for you to discover that means Very Happy

a few new modes like :

Scenario Campaign : Play Tekken 6's story in a ''Beat Em Up!!'' style of gameplay,Gain money in your battles and Customize your character to make it stronger, to increase it's energy bar and more! This mode recently got an update patch to allow you to play this online with a partner! Unlock '' Arena '' wich allows you to see each characters ending after you beat it with a character of your choice!

NOTE : Arena ressembles Arcade mode alot, you have a few battles until you get to the final boss, defeat it, see your character's ending, Arena is rather short, but it's sole purpose is to show the character's endings, for the real Tekken fighting experience, go to Offline's Arcade mode, you've got all characters unlocked from the start and you can therefore begin your ultimate clash!

Online Mode : Battle opponents from all around the world

Rank Match - Battle to become #1 !
Player Match - Battle just for fun! This mode does not affect your rank!
Leader Board - See who's on top!

A cool online feature, the ghosts

Data Upload .- Upload your personal Ghost Data!
Data Download - Download Ghost Datas!

What are Ghosts ? Ghosts are CPU-Controllers opponents, they appear in Arcade Battle and Ghost Battle modes, their difficulty level and their fighting style differs depending on the ghost.

Offline Modes

On the Offline mode, you've got 6 playable modes, Arcade Battle, Ghost Battle, Team Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Practice.

Gallery Mode
View Bonuses, Openings and Endings, Credits, replays, and more!

Profile Mode
Customize your own profile and characters!

Option Mode
Set the game's options as you like!

----------------

Now that's for the summary, I'll now tell you about my personal experience with Tekken 6. Alright here go!

When you start tekken 6, you are teased with a rather intriguing Opening scene that takes place a few months after the events of Tekken 5, wich quickly makes you want to venture into the Scenario Campaign mode, where you will go through Tekken 6's true story in a Beat Em Up! style of gameplay, this mode can be played by any character of your choice to begin with, or you can keep Lars wich is the default character in Scenario Campaign mode, in this mode, you are followed by Alisa who is one of the new Tekken 6 characters, she will be your attaching, amazing and catchy partner during this amazing adventure. as you progress in Scenario Campaign mode, each stages you go through will unlock you a new character wich can be used in '' Arena Mode ''.

as you go through Scenario Campaign, you can use money gained in battle to equip your characters with item you've bought, each equippement you'll put on your character will make it stronger, therefore increasing it's energy bar, it's defense, attack or anything like that.

Scenario Campaign mode is really big, for an experienced Tekken gamer like me, it took me 12 hours straight to finish it, so there is in fact alot of story, wonderful cutscenes and amusing bonus / secret stages to unlock, now enough about Scenario Campaign, let's talk about the classic 1 on 1 Tekken 3D fighting style of gameplay!

in Arcade mode, you get to experience the Tekken madness at it's best form with a total of 40 playable characters, the graphics are simply amazing, the soundtrack is wonderful, the gameplay is top notch, this is one great experience to go through! Arcade mode does not have any story added to it, all the story happens in Scenario Campaign mode and Arena.

Now let's talk a bit about the Cutscenes, don't worry I'll keep this spoiler free for you Very Happy

Oh my... the cutscenes, some of the characters ending are some of the most hilarious you'll ever see in a video game, while some others are simply badass and impressive, those wonderful endings makes it fun to rush into Arena mode to unlock them.

I can guarantee I totally enjoyed this game, and it's the Ultimate Experience for ANY tekken fans out there! and I'm glad to recommend you Tekken 6, because this game, there is NOTHING like it!

And here we are, I won't make my post too long, but if you've got a few more questions don't be shy, it'll be my pleasure to answer them. Very Happy

Didn't expect a reply such as this! Thanks a lot Very Happy So customizing your character... Could you elaborate on that bit for me please Smile
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 am

Okay, Customization.

When in Customize mode, you can equip your selected character with various items, clothes, goodies, and more, each character's got a huge list of items you can purchase and equip, you can earn items for free while batteling in Scenario Campaign mode, You can customize all 3 default costumes of any characters, You can equip items on

The Head,
OTHER - Upper Body Inner
Upper Body - Outer
Arms
Lower Body
Feet
Other - Head
Back
Other - Lower Body
Waist - Right
Waist - Left
Effects - This one is explained later Smile
Rage
Aura

you can also change hair color and haitcuts! you can also add ''effects'' to your character.

Effects : Once unlocked, equip one of those on your character, for example :

Cartoon Effect, once you equip it on your character, when you will strike an opponent, you will see Cartoonish effects appear like in the old Batman cartoons '' BANG! PAK! POW! '' Etc...

If you've ever played Soul Calibur 3 or 4, you must know how big the customization possibilties are, well let me confirm it to you, Tekken 6's Customization is as big, but what's fun is that it actually makes your character stronger in the Scenario Campaign mode, and you start going crazy with all the ways you can increase your favorite character.

Hope that helps!
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:35 am

Yes I have played Soul Calibur 3 & 4. It was huge in terms of customization! Thanks a lot Vexan, you have sealed my fate to go out and get Tekken 6 now. Hopefully I will get enough trade-in for Army Of Two: 40th Day!

What console have you got this on?
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:37 am

Playstation 3, it's controller is the best for Fighting Games Very Happy Glad I could help ya!

Fighting Gamer Vexan ! At your Service! Cool
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:56 am

Vexan wrote:Playstation 3, it's controller is the best for Fighting Games Very Happy Glad I could help ya!

Fighting Gamer Vexan ! At your Service! Cool

Haha awesome! I also have the PS3. PSN ID: Wido_15 add me when you can. I'm currently playing MAG which has my full attention at the moment Razz
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:04 am

Alright, Will do, I just finished playing Tekken 6 online so it's the good time ^^ Wanna play some SF IV ?

-let's keep Tekken 6 on topic tho Smile-
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:09 am

Vexan wrote:Alright, Will do, I just finished playing Tekken 6 online so it's the good time ^^ Wanna play some SF IV ?

-let's keep Tekken 6 on topic tho Smile-

Yeah sure thing let me finish playing MAG. Whats your favourite Tekken character? I like Brian or is it spelt Bryan? He was the new character in Tag.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 am

I'm an Asuka Kazama player, and also Lili Rocherfort
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:14 am

Vexan wrote:I'm an Asuka Kazama player, and also Lili Rocherfort

Nice. I do however feel that Paul in Tekken is a cheap verison of Ken in SF. Razz
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:14 am

Any Takers at the moment?
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 am

Vexan wrote:Any Takers at the moment?

Should be getting by Wednesday hopefully! Is the campaign co-op?
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:18 am

Yep! and I'm pretty good at it! Tho I suggest for you to go and enjoy Scenario Campaign mode offline and alone, enjoy the story, the offline and online battle modes, you see? enjoy the game itself for a few days, then let's start with the online interactions Smile
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:23 am

Vexan wrote:Yep! and I'm pretty good at it! Tho I suggest for you to go and enjoy Scenario Campaign mode offline and alone, enjoy the story, the offline and online battle modes, you see? enjoy the game itself for a few days, then let's start with the online interactions Smile

Totally agree. Thats what I do with games before playing the online. I like to make sure I have covered most of all the singleplayer experience up and then proceed with the online.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:37 pm

According to my friend who's a massive Tekken fan it is utter crap and not a real Tekken game, plus the difficulty curve is stupid.

It's making me a little sceptical tbh, might have to rent it first.

Soundwave wrote:
Nice. I do however feel that Paul in Tekken is a cheap verison of Ken in SF. Razz

Get out. lol
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexan Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Whoever that guy is, he's weird, -that word was a way of Censoring Because-Tekken 6 is ultimate, amazing and huge, as a big Tekken fan I can't see anything wrong with it, difficulty? it appears someone doesn't like Challenge much, Challenge in a fighting game isn't new. Jinpachi Mishima being rapeable in Tekken 5 was lame after a while. by renting Tekken 6, you'll see by yourself that your friend is ''Utter wrong'' about this game. Tekken 6 rocks.
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Thing is, he can't be 'utter wrong' as you put, as gaming is all based on opinion. Some people may hate Brawl, but I love it, does that make me more right, or him more right.

I'm going off what I've heard, mixed reviews so far. Obviously I may play it and love it, then it's my prerogative. but dislike for a game you like doesn't make him more wrong or right than you.
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum