TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sid Meir's Pirates sets sail for the Wii*

2 posters

Go down

Sid Meir's Pirates sets sail for the Wii* Empty Sid Meir's Pirates sets sail for the Wii*

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:51 am

Yup, according to IGN and other websites, the somewhat popular pirate-sim is heading for the Little White Box sometime this autumn. I've never really been into the whole RTS genre, so like the other popular titles in the genre it pretty much went under my radar up until now. Yes, it's been on other consoles like the Xbox and PSP, but releasing a PC RTS on the Wii has raised in interesting issue - how come there aren't that many of them on the Wii already? (Really, REALLY) Hardcore PC gamers bemoan that console games and their wretched game-pads will never dethrone the mouse & keyboard control method since a mouse is so much more accurate. However, while people will constantly denounce and bicker over the Wii Remote's motion-sensing, there's no denying that the IR pointer is pretty nifty. Surely that cursor could be put to good use in a Wii-based RTS or Sim game (feel free to point me in the direction of some already-existing Wii RTS games - pun unfortunately intended.).

Also, PIRATES!!! Very Happy

* Seriously, how could video game journalist miss the opportunity for that pun? For shaaaaaame.
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Sid Meir's Pirates sets sail for the Wii* Empty Re: Sid Meir's Pirates sets sail for the Wii*

Post by RawkHawk Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm glad we're getting a game like this. Sadly, I don't think it'll be noticed too much, but if it were, it could pave the way for more. I guess the reason there aren't that many is because developers are going down the 'making a cheap buck from party games' road over the 'being innovative' road.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Sid Meir's Pirates sets sail for the Wii* Empty Re: Sid Meir's Pirates sets sail for the Wii*

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 am

I feel like a hypocrite knowing I probably won't get this game, at least not for a long while (There are dozens of games I want to buy if only I could afford it Sad ). Even worse, casual Wii-owners will likely see this on the shelf in GAME or Gamestation and assume it's shovelware - or the best case scenario is they'll assume it's another party-game and buy it by mistake, only to be pleasantly surprised.
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum