TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plants Vs Zombies slowly shuffles and murmurs onto the DS...

2 posters

Go down

Plants Vs Zombies slowly shuffles and murmurs onto the DS... Empty Plants Vs Zombies slowly shuffles and murmurs onto the DS...

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:54 am

For those of you who've never heard of it, "Plants Vs Zombies" is exactly what it says on the tin. Zombies are on the loose in a suburban neighbourhood, but instead of using typical weapons you rely solely on plants. Not just any plants, after all this IS a video game: these plants have various special zombie-defeating abilities (spitting seeds, acting as barriers, etc.) and your aim is to place these plants in strategic positions around your front lawn. More fun than it sounds - I downloaded the demo via Steam quite a while back.

According to IGN, it's heading for the DS! It makes perfect sense; the touch screen/stylus will lend itself well to the 'tower defence' nature of this game, not to mention the large number of casual DS owners. It would've been cool if they announced it for WiiWare as well, but perhaps that's something for the future. In the meantime, maybe you should try the demo. And no I don't work for PopCap games Razz
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Plants Vs Zombies slowly shuffles and murmurs onto the DS... Empty Re: Plants Vs Zombies slowly shuffles and murmurs onto the DS...

Post by Komodo_Zero Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:39 am

I already have the PC/Mac versions of this, and it's a VERY fun game.

I've also played the iPad version, and I shal say it now. Dubious touch screen controls. They work fine, as in it's not hard to plant, but there are a few accuracy issues. You'll sometimes plant something on the wrong square, throwing the game off a little.

If it IS coming to the DS, it better have accurate enough controls. I reckon this'll be DSiware? Considering the game itself on PC is only about 45MB, seems a bit daft to be full retail... Adjusted resolution and smaller sprites would easily knock it to DSiware size resrictions.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum