TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This old chestnut again...

2 posters

Go down

This old chestnut again... Empty This old chestnut again...

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 am

Sorry to start the day with a rather bleak story, but I just found this article about a woman who killed her baby because of FarmVille. I wish I was making this up.

Going off topic slightly, I'm not a fan of FarmVille. I only signed onto it months ago because I got pestered into it by thousands of Facebook requests, but I gave up on it after seventeen seconds - if I want a farming simulator I'll go on eBay and look for one of the Harvest Moon games. Even as someone who'll defends Nintendo for broadening the gaming industry's audience with casual games, I'm fed up of all these Facebook games, but they're still video games aren't they? Of all the video games that have been accused of turning people into murderers, I never thought FarmVille would be one of them. Is it really that addictive?

If there are any would-be serial killers reading this, don't tell your arresting officers you're a fan of video games - you'll make it worse for us normal, well-adjusted gamers. Oh, also, seek mental help.
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

This old chestnut again... Empty Re: This old chestnut again...

Post by Pwiimus Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:50 am

This has nothing to do with Farmville, more so the resentfull attitude a lot of young parents have toward the children getting in the way of their lifestyles.

It used to be that people wanted children and would put their own lives on hold for 16 years or so to raise the kids. Nowadays tho more people in their 20's and 30's still want to be out partying or playing videogames because they havn't learnt how to grow up.

I'm 36 going on 37 and am nothing like my parents at the same age, I collect Transformer toys, play lots of videogames and still feel that other than my natural physical deteriaton that mentally I'm no different than when I was 18 lol.

However I have 4 kids and know that they come 1st, still this doesn't prevent me from getting angry when they interupt me playing a game or mess with my collection without asking. I know it's wrong and it isn't a planned reaction to those situations, but more an uncontrollable reaction bought about by a small desire to still have my own way, as if I too were still a child.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:07 am

At least you most certainly have your priorities in check, and it's understandable to snap when someone interferes with part of your hobby (I once borrowed my cousin Harry my copy of Pokemon Sapphire so he could find me some of the rarer creatures - I got it back and my save file was completely gone. I wasn't too pleased. And there was the time my sister deleted my Banjo-Kazooie file when I'd done 95% of it... Evil or Very Mad). However, I doubt you'd even think of taking it to such an extremity. Maybe some people just shouldn't have children, not at least until they've matured and can prove they're responsible adults. I want to have kids one day, but I know that's a long way down the line for me - at the moment I'm still 21 in my head.

A dad with a Transformers collection though? You sound like the coolest dad ever Very Happy.
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum