TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memories of the Xbox 360 so far

+3
Dunncor
Ghost
Wido
7 posters

Go down

Memories of the Xbox 360 so far Empty Memories of the Xbox 360 so far

Post by Wido Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:09 am

Well on December 1st. The X360 was celebrating its 5th birthday out in the UK.

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/xbox-360-is-5-today-in-the-uk/

What are your fond memories of the Xbox 360 so far?

I can remember when it was first launched the 360 had quite a few problems with the RROD. I think everybody remembers that with such a prolific console introducing HD gaming to your TV. I do remember playing Kameo on the 360 when it was first launched. Good ol brother buying the console and then I soon played a game called Gears of War. Simply one of my favourite games. Definitely not every-bodies cup of tea but its certainly got a massive following does more than reasonably well.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Memories of the Xbox 360 so far Empty Re: Memories of the Xbox 360 so far

Post by Ghost Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:02 am

I Only got my 360 last year in November.

I have to admit the back library of games is simply stunning with games like Fallout 3, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Mirrors Edge and even Assassins Creed!

I've been buying new and old games on the cheap. I've played my 360 much more than my PS3 and Wii this year.
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:14 am

In short, the Marketplace. Some of the best games this generation have been released via the Xbox Live Arcade and many series are seeing great revivals on the Arcade as well (Sonic, Lara Croft). Plus, it's an excellent way for indie developers to get their games out.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Its great to be able to play Banjo Kazooie, the classic Sonic The Hedgehog games again.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Turner Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 am

Had mine about a year dead on now (give or take a week) Gotta say i love assasins creed and just pissing about online on halo and what not
Turner
Turner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 am

Great to play Fable again. I was lacking the Fable touch when I had my PS3 and a dead 360. Now that I have the 360 again. Its bloody win to go round being a tyrant i.e. Fable 3 or just be plain kickass on Fable 2 by placing high inflation by renting out my properties. Smile
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 am

I got my first 360 way back in 2007 a couple of weeks after I went to Portugal. I swapped my old PS2* and all my games in order to get it (regretting it almost immediately* Crying or Very sad ) - Being a fanboy, the only reason I got it was because of Microsoft buying Rareware and the inevitable Banjo-Kazooie sequel, but when I first got it all I had was Crackdown and Kameo. The latter just didn't click with me; it just seemed too generic high fantasy for a Rare game. Crackdown, on the other hand, I absolutely loved while it lasted - all the freedom and mindless carnage I love about GTA without the more annoying missions ("All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!").

My favourite games and memories on the 360 are Nuts & Bolts (built over 30 vehicles, I think O.o), Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3, Fable 2 (which I've completed twice) and Orange Box - I initially bought it for Portal, but Half Life 2 won me over with its brilliance.

(*I got a new one for my birthday the following year!)
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:05 am

Ashworthy-Harvington wrote:I got my first 360 way back in 2007 a couple of weeks after I went to Portugal. I swapped my old PS2* and all my games in order to get it (regretting it almost immediately* Crying or Very sad ) - Being a fanboy, the only reason I got it was because of Microsoft buying Rareware and the inevitable Banjo-Kazooie sequel, but when I first got it all I had was Crackdown and Kameo. The latter just didn't click with me; it just seemed too generic high fantasy for a Rare game. Crackdown, on the other hand, I absolutely loved while it lasted - all the freedom and mindless carnage I love about GTA without the more annoying missions ("All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!").

My favourite games and memories on the 360 are Nuts & Bolts (built over 30 vehicles, I think O.o), Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3, Fable 2 (which I've completed twice) and Orange Box - I initially bought it for Portal, but Half Life 2 won me over with its brilliance.

(*I got a new one for my birthday the following year!)

I recently got Kameo. Simply because it was Rare and how much I liked it when my brother had the game when he first got his 360, which is going back to the launch day for the console. For some reason it just hasn't clicked as I thought it would do. Seeing as Rare is behind the game. I expected to get on with it straight the way like Banjo Kazooie.

I really need to sit down and give Kameo a good play. I tried to do it the weekend just gone but sadly it didn't materialize.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:28 am

Terrible memories with CoD4.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:42 am

Wido wrote:

I recently got Kameo. Simply because it was Rare and how much I liked it when my brother had the game when he first got his 360, which is going back to the launch day for the console. For some reason it just hasn't clicked as I thought it would do. Seeing as Rare is behind the game. I expected to get on with it straight the way like Banjo Kazooie.

I really need to sit down and give Kameo a good play. I tried to do it the weekend just gone but sadly it didn't materialize.

I can't put my finger on it either. It's not like it's an awful, unplayable game, but I think I know what the problem is. Basically, if you'd had no idea that Rareware made it, would you be any the wiser? By their high standard of games, it just seems mediocre. To gamers who aren't fans of Rareware (since the majority of their fanbase are nostalgic Nintendo fans), it merely looks generic - how many Tolkienesque High Fantasy games is too many? Generic and mediocre - not a good combination for any medium Shocked. At least people remember something they loathe (like me with Friedberg & Seltzer Evil or Very Mad )

No, I'm not trying to put you off playing it Wido. I could suggest you try not to think of it as a Rareware game.

... Or maybe KAmeo failed because the main character seems too familiar...

Memories of the Xbox 360 so far Ferngully_crysta
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:27 am

Its hard not to really. I mean, its Rare. Its like you say. Its a mediocre game and coming from Rare themselves, it does indeed raise a question whether or not Kameo itself as a potential franchise for the developer is a no, go.

I will sit down and play the game and hopefully finish it but for now, it doesn't seem so likely that will happen.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by rbevanx Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:11 am

I think with Rare and dissapointment come together with Perfect Dark Zero perfectly.

I hated a lot of the games in the first couple of years but I think this year is gonna be the one I remember with the 360, as Red Dead, Splinter Cell and Alan Wake have been fantastic for me.
rbevanx
rbevanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down