TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The uDraw

3 posters

Go down

The uDraw Empty The uDraw

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:24 am

A product that subverts Apples habit of putting the letter 'i' in front of everything and also a Wii-exclusive drawing tablet made by THQ. Naturally, the professionals at IGN have more info about it that I do, but I can tell you that it costs roughly $69.99 and it comes with uDraw Studio (a basic art studio program). I'm surprised at myself for not knowing about this peripheral sooner, though I'm even more surprised that it's not the work of Nintendo themselves.

The uDraw Wii-uDraw-GameTablet

Since it's a new product there are only a couple of games for it - most notably Pictionary and Dood's Big Adventure (the latter of which I should do a bit more reading on Embarassed ). I guess with all the fanfare for the Kinect and Sony Move this device went under the radar, which seems a shame considering its potential as a gaming device - besides an obvious sequel to Mario Paint (and a Wii version of Drawn to Life), what games could you imagine the uDraw being used for (it's got to have more applications than all those plastic instruments clogging up living rooms worldwide :p )? Does it seems pointless given the Wii Remote already utilises an IR camera/pointer, or does it offer a unique experience? Would you buy one if any of the games intrigued you enough?
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

The uDraw Empty Re: The uDraw

Post by Wido Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:22 am

This could definitely sell off if they made a Mario game with this peripheral. It wouldn't really take my fancy unless there is something which will want me to get this when I do get my Wii.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 am

It looks like a really good piece of hardware and could really be utilised extremely well. However, it doesn't seem like it'll really kick off.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum