TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ace Attorney

5 posters

Go down

Ace Attorney Empty Ace Attorney

Post by RawkHawk Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Ace Attorney Ace_attorney_investigations_miles_edgeworth_boxart-300x269

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth is released on 19th February 2010!

What a way to not kick off the Nintendo board with a topic on Ace Attorney eh?

So yeah, Ace Attorney is a series of games where you have to solve a series of crimes. The games are currently split into three sub-serieses: Phoenix Wright, the original series where you play as the spiky-haired lawyer working with the help of Mia, his mentor, Maya, a spirit channeler, and more; Apollo Justice, the series set 7 years after Phoenix Wright where a young lawyer, Apollo Justice, solves a series of crimes while a certain ally works in the sidelines for his own cause; and Ace Attorney Investigations, a series which follows other characters from the Ace Attorney Universe. Currently, Miles Edgeworth is the only game in the series, although it's rumoured that Ema Skye is the next game in the series.

Ace Attorney games have appeared on GBA (PW trilogy), DS (PW trilogy, AJ, AAI), Wii (PW trilogy) and iPod (PW trilogy). With a wide variety of platforms to buy it on (and with the PW trilogy costing £30 on the Wii), there's no excuse to not have played these games. They've captured the hearts and imaginations of thousands with their loveable characters, fascinating plots and mind-bending twists.

Have YOU played these games?

Last edited by RawkHawk on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:58 am; edited 2 times in total
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Ace Attorney Empty Re: Ace Attorney

Post by Darren Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:31 pm

I have just finished the first game in the Ace Attorney series today, I am pleased to say it is a fantastic game. The characters grow on you, the stories and cases are smart and well written, the twists are unexpected and it's a different form of gaming than you might be used to.

I have yet to complete other games in the series, but I have played a couple of cases from the second game, Justice for all. I plan to complete that one next.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:07 pm

I found that Justice for All is weaker than the other two and contains more plot holes. However, cases 2 and 3 are still strongish and have some nice character development. There's a certain character in Case 3 whose developments I loved. Case 4 is where the game really shines however. It's unlike anything you've ever seen before.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:10 pm

It seems i've stopped just before the best cases in the past. I need to correct that. I think I shall be getting a lot more use out of my DS from now on with these games.

Also, can I suggest sticking a spoiler tag on this forum, because as we know, there are a lot of people that haven't played all the games.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:21 am

There is a spoiler tag Darren Wink
Spoiler:
Code:
[spoiler]entertexthere[/spoiler]

Anyhoo back on topic:

I started playing Phoenix Wright when it came out on WiiWare.
I loved it from the start. The characters, the actual cases themselves and the wonderful music that plays.

I'd really want to play the next one but do not wish to pirate...So I must wait for the WiiWare release soon.
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:19 am

It's nice playing the games on the Wii. I'd have preferred updated graphics, but it's nice playing it with the Wiimote.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:21 am

I must admit, I really enjoyed the Wii experience over the DS experience, until case 5 in AA1 that is, with its voice and touch features.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:25 am

If you liked those features, you'd love Apollo Justice. Most cases use forensics.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 am

RawkHawk wrote:If you liked those features, you'd love Apollo Justice. Most cases use forensics.

It was quite satisfying I must admit, I especially enjoyed searching for finger prints and the process I had to go through. I won't mention too much outside of spoiler tags mind. I am also pretty glad this forum has said tags now, it makes conversation so much better!
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:53 am

Darren wrote:
RawkHawk wrote:If you liked those features, you'd love Apollo Justice. Most cases use forensics.

It was quite satisfying I must admit, I especially enjoyed searching for finger prints and the process I had to go through. I won't mention too much outside of spoiler tags mind. I am also pretty glad this forum has said tags now, it makes conversation so much better!

The use of forensics gets better in Apollo Justice. Phoenix Wright has minimal touch screen control except for navigation due to it being a port, but Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth make better use of touch screen controls, so you may enjoy them for that reason.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:25 am

I should really like these games, everything about me wants too, there's just a little too much reading in there for me, and I find myself getting lost at times.
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:20 am

Lol what kind of games do you play where Phoenix Wright is too much reading? Didn't you say you played Pokemon in the other thread?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:37 am

Yeah, but you can kinda skim read that and not take much in.

AA is alot more reading based than Pokemon.

I thought we'd met? I'm a very lazy gamer =D
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm

So, as we found out a while ago, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All is to be released on the same day as Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. Is anyone getting either?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Not me, I own Justice for all already, and I want to complete the other games before I touch the most recent one.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:14 am

Darren wrote:Not me, I own Justice for all already, and I want to complete the other games before I touch the most recent one.

Good idea. I suggest you play in the order the games were released.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down