TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create A Game!

5 posters

Go down

Create A Game! Empty Create A Game!

Post by RawkHawk Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Ever wanted to create your own game? ...No? WHAT? THEN WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE HERE WHICH WILL OBVIOUSLY LEAD INTO WHAT TO DO NEXT?

...Ahem. Anyway, yeah, create a game here. You can do it however you want: create a boxart, draw images, write out a description, etc. However you feel is right, do it!

Tomorrow, I'll create a game box for a game I'd love to see Very Happy I'll love it, you might not ^_^
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Create A Game! Empty Re: Create A Game!

Post by Dunncor Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:25 pm

For everyone's benefit, I've collected blank box arts for people to use. Click on it to enlarge. Save to PC. Open in Image Editing Program of Choice. Make Art ^_^

Create A Game! Th_DSBoxArt
Create A Game! Th_PS3BoxArt
Create A Game! Th_WiiBoxArt
Create A Game! Th_XboxBoxArt
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Create A Game! Empty The Video Game Ideas thread

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:27 am

Got an idea for a game? Post it here! Share ideas, give feedback and constructive criticism, etc.

One of my most ambitious ideas is called "JC & Stan". The two main characters are pizza delivery boys in a 'Crazy Taxi'-style game. However, one day their world is invaded by a computer virus known as Z-Nox, which opens up a tear in reality. JC & Stan go through the tear and learn the true nature of their existence, that they're video game characters, thus beginning their adventure. The duo explore other video games such as shoot 'em ups, platform games, racing games, etc, interacting with friendly and not-so friendly characters in an attempt to defeat Z-Nox and his cronies. The hub-world is a computer operating system where JC & Stan can visit the other video games and other computer programs. Naturally, there'll be a lot of lampshade hanging and breaking of the fourth wall in this game.

So, what d'ya think?
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 am

Sounds a little bit like The Simpsons Game, except more varied. I like this idea.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:50 am

It seems watching Toy Story 3 has re-kindled an idea I've had since 1999 (inspired by the second film), though admittedly it's still only half an idea. I better warn you now that it's A) a franchise-based game and B) the target audience would most certainly be children. The name for this game idea, "Toy Store", should already give you an indication where I'm going with this...

A 3D platform-adventure sandbox game full of mini-games, all set in a massive toy department store. The freedom and fun of Grand Theft Auto crossed with the exploration and charm of Banjo-Kazooie. There isn't much in the Plot department - all I can think of is "A parent and their two young children go to this department store to look for Christmas presents and the two kids bring along their favourite toys. The younger child loses their toy in the shop, so the older kid's toy decides to sneak off and rescue them. It all ends with the two toys in the Lost & Found box for the family to pick up the next day."

Game-play wise, the 'MacGuffins' you have to collect are AA Batteries - more batteries equals more unlockable areas and toys to play with (such as remote control vehicles). Given the setting and premise (and to avoid getting sued by Pixar), I guess this game would HAVE to be set in the Toy Story universe, plus it couldn't hurt to have cameos from Buzz Lightyear, Mr Potato Head, etc Very Happy
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 am

That's quite a good idea. Hard to see it as a long game, but it could be good, especially if there's licensing for toys to use as that'd be nice to see.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 pm

One classic toy I'd love to see in this game would be 'Scalextric' - As well having a few tracks the player can race on (similarly to mini games found in the first two Mario Party games), I'd want to give player a chance to build their own tracks to share online. For other online multi-player modes players can create their own avatar-toy (personalised stuffed animals and action figures). Licensing would be perfect for this game, but if not I could always Captain Ersatz all the products in the Toy Store Very Happy.
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 pm

I've merged two similar threads as they were effectively the same and DATA REDUNDANCY IS A BAD THING!!!
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:07 pm

PlatinumSamusUK wrote:I've merged two similar threads as they were effectively the same and DATA REDUNDANCY IS A BAD THING!!!

Blame me for this ^_^
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarmaster Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Here's a game I actually made (don't know if that counts, but oh well):
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/98700-one-unfortunate-night

you may have to get a plug-in to play
Please PM me with feedback/hate-mail Smile

olimarmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content