TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG! TEH WII HAS IT ! -- Tatsunoko VS Capcom! --

+8
shinkukage09
Wido
NotNamedJohn
RawkHawk
lammaboy17
Komodo_Zero
Matt
Vexan
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OMG! TEH WII HAS IT ! -- Tatsunoko VS Capcom! -- - Page 2 Empty Re: OMG! TEH WII HAS IT ! -- Tatsunoko VS Capcom! --

Post by Komodo_Zero Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 pm

The button layout has already been stated by many fighting fans as unsuitable for Street Fighter style fighting games (and in fact, many other fighting games too).

Also, notice how the Classic controller has an identical button layout to the SNES, and PS123 and 360.

Also, Street Fighter on the NES? Street Fighter 2010? That game is DISBOLICALLY bad and isn't even a fighting game.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

OMG! TEH WII HAS IT ! -- Tatsunoko VS Capcom! -- - Page 2 Empty Re: OMG! TEH WII HAS IT ! -- Tatsunoko VS Capcom! --

Post by Smudge Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Komodo_Zero wrote:The button layout has already been stated by many fighting fans as unsuitable for Street Fighter style fighting games (and in fact, many other fighting games too).

Also, notice how the Classic controller has an identical button layout to the SNES, and PS123 and 360.

Also, Street Fighter on the NES? Street Fighter 2010? That game is DISBOLICALLY bad and isn't even a fighting game.

I don't think I meant the one on the NES tbh, I'm taking about Super Street Fighter II and the lark

And you say the classic controller has the same layout as the PS123 and Xbox, but the Classic controller is more based off the SNES controller if you ask me, which was made before the two examples you previously stated.
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Button layout, face buttons, the 4 buttons are positioned in exactly the same layout on the Classic Controller, Snes, PS123 and 360. Sure, the d-pad position is a bit different on the 360 controller but that's not what I was indicating.

The face button layout is the most preferred layout for the above controllers for fighting games.

Anyway, got an email notification telling me the game got dispatched today. I should see it tomorrow morning then!
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Coolio. I still prefer the GC controller, feels easier, less thumb movement from A to the other buttons.
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Then there is a clear difference between you and the core fighting audience (me included, outside of SSB, I think using a GC controller is daft for a fighter).

Either way, the control method exists, so everyone is happy.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Thre's a clear difference between me and alot of people lol.

However, I think most people would probably go for the fight stick over any controller anyway.
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm

No chance for me, £70-ish for only one game? And one I probably will stop playing so much when I get BlazBlue (again) and Super Street Fighter IV as well.

There isn't enough reason for me to get a Wii arcade stick. Maybe for the PS3, considering I already have a few compatible games already.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:43 pm

I'd never get a Wii arcade stick, but between Blazblue, it's sequel and the 2 Street Fighters, Plus there;s a big tournament scene near me, It might be worth it for 360 =D
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:53 pm

I'd certainly think about it for the PS3. In fact, the Hori arcade stick is somewhat cheaper on the PS3 than the 360 XD

Dunno why that's worth pointing out, but it's a bit easier on my wallet XD
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:04 pm

It's all about saving money

Back on topic, I remember watching one of the Tatsunoko cartoons and reading the comics. G-Force: Guardians of Space it was called, was a pretty cool show.

Good to seem those characters again to be honest, they we're around in a much simpler time for me.
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Well, apart from a poster in my Forbidden Planet (and this game), I'd never heard of any of these before. They look really interesting though, and Tatsunoko's involvement in Neon Genesis Evangelion interests me further as it's one of my favourite anime series ever.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:03 pm

The TV series was only on a short time on the Old CNX, it showed DBZ, Cowboy Bebop and other sorts of things like that.

The comics I got from my nan, we were going on holiday and she saw them, 10 for £1, bargain.
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:47 am

Been playing this for a little while now, got the grip of the mechanics now.

It does play differently than Street Fighter games, but I still feel that the Classic Controller is the best method.

Currently played as Ryu (duh) and Morrigan. Will probably try out the rest of the characters later when I get an opportunity.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

You managed to play any more of the characters? what are they like?
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Played as Chun-li, Alex and a touch of Viewtiful Joe since the last post.

For some reason, I can actually PLAY as Chun-li in this... Unlike in Street Fighter where I fail miserably trying to play as her...

I also gave most of the Capcom characters a spin in training mode, to get more grips with the game. They all play pretty well. I'm half tempted to get Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on PSN now...
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Strange that they play differently on games, but change was to be expected.

Does it make a difference being on the Wii?
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:24 am

Not necessarily, the Vs. titles have always had a different layout to the Street Fighter games. The console makes no difference really.

Had a go with Batsu from Rival Schools earlier. He's actually pretty good, I must say.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Still considering picking this up, as I've found a copy in Gamestation and I can't find Muramase anywhere lol.

Come on guys convince me
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Frank West. That should be enough to convince people XD

I'm finding it hard to play this recently. It's not because it's bad (cause it isn't, it's freaking awesome in every sense of the word), but because I discovered the arcade stick. I just can't play fighters on a regular pad anymore, feels weird. I'm not shelling out up to £80 for another arcade stick just to play one game either...
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:45 am

Don't know why but I've always been a fan of pad over stick, not keen on the longer travel of a stick Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:59 am

Longer travel? You mean the learning time?

To me, the conecpt of playing a fighting game with a pad is now utterly absurd. The arcade stick completely changed my views. It's still a very playable means, but it doesn't click with me anymore.

If the Wii had more fighting games, then I'd certainly look into a Wii arcade stick.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 pm

No the longer travel of moving a stick lol, the less diustance you move your thumb or hand the faster the response in my opinion.

When I play fighter with a stick, I get the crap pumelled outta me before I can pull any of the moves off lol.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:50 pm

I prefer Street Fighter II with an SNES controller over Street Fighter II at Sk8 Away. I'm just better with the D-pad. Most arcade sticks that I use don't fit in my hand comfortably enough. Too small.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:25 am

Your hands or your joystick? ;D pmsl
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:22 am

The joystick. XD

You know, I've been thinking lately... joystick... that's like a double entendre, right?
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum