TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What past franchises/games would you like to see brought back or remade?

+3
GhostAnime
Ashworthy-Harvington
RawkHawk
7 posters

Go down

What past franchises/games would you like to see brought back or remade? Empty What past franchises/games would you like to see brought back or remade?

Post by RawkHawk Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 am

I've just been having this discussion with Cory, and it's gotten me to thinking: what games should be brought back?

I proposed the idea of an Ice Climber revival. Perhaps a sideways or upwards scroller? Take ideas from Super Smash Bros too, such as using both Ice Climbers together and maybe things such as hitting ice along platforms. Also, keep the cuteness <3
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

What past franchises/games would you like to see brought back or remade? Empty Re: What past franchises/games would you like to see brought back or remade?

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:29 am

Thankfully Nintendo are already bringing back Kid Icarus for the 3DS. Very Happy "Blaster Master" also got a well-deserved remake, but the sods haven't released it in Europe Evil or Very Mad . Though an even better "Blaster Master" remake should be set in a massive "Red Dead Redemption" sized 3D world.

I know this sounds pretty lazy, but how about "New Super Mario All-Stars"? They've got the NSMB/Wii engine, why not recreate the NES/SNES/Gameboy games? How about using the Wind Waker engine for a cel-shaded version of "A Link to the Past"?

And why isn't there a Wii version of Mario Paint? WHY!?
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

What past franchises/games would you like to see brought back or remade? Empty Re: What past franchises/games would you like to see brought back or remade?

Post by GhostAnime Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Pokemon Stadium
Mischief Makers
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:37 pm

I remember there were rumours about a Mario Paint DS, but I agree, we need a Mario Paint remake.

This one's not really a franchise, but how about Pokemon Snap 3DS? It could utilise many of the 3DS's features - Tag Mode to send pictures/high scores to others, the 3D mode to give a more naturalistic feeling such as having Pokemon jump at the screen, and, of course, the camera, which wouldn't necessarily have to be used as a control method but could be used for other features.

Also, this one hasn't been out long and it hasn't been too long since a previous game, but how about a new Magical Starsign game? Sure, it's not a major Nintendo franchise, but with some backing, it could become more well-known. How about putting it on the 3DS or Wii? I know the game before Magical Starsign didn't use the planets feature, but the new game could use it again, or even a new feature. The planets feature was excellent and made the RPG unique. The new one could use something different such as weather control.

Finally, for an actual remake: Mother and Earthbound (Mother 2). This is probably one of the most cliché for Nintendo games. 'REMAKE THE MOTHER GAMES AND PACKAGE ALL THREE TOGETHER'. I'd love that however. If Nintendo marketed the game good, then it could sell decently.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 am

I don't think we'll see Earthbound or Mother over here, but if they could bring it back while avoiding all those legal issues, perhaps as a new game...that'd work!
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:44 am

Legal issues? Do you mean with the music? Yeah, they could probably change that, although it wouldn't be as fun. The main problem with Mother is that Nintendo of America marketed it awfully then said people didn't want to buy it. It'd probably sell more now though, not just with Super Smash Bros but also with loads of other franchises returning.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Skies of Arcadia ... A HD release on PSN/Xbox Live or Steam plus a sequel.
A true Resident Evil Sequel in the style of the original 3/4 games(The 4th being Codeveronica not RE4).
Sonic Adventure 3.
A 2d HD Flashback Sequel in the style of Shadow Complex
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:02 pm

I agree with Sonic Adventure 3. I remember that in early development, Sonic Unleashed was named Sonic Adventure 3. However, I'd like a real one. We're getting Sonic 4, so why not SA3?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Loved the original, despite the frustrating controls and camera, found the latter stages of 2 to be way to difficult for my game playing ability lol
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:18 am

I found the final battle of SA2:B to be easy, but the levels before were definetely frustrating, although that's probably because I didn't like the gameplay there.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scabby Sid Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Fur Fighters. The best games Bizarre ent. have ever made. A first-person shooter that revolved around a cast of various stuffed animals, each with a certain special ability. A dog who could dig tunnels in certain places, a cat that could climb up certain walls, a dragon that could fly for a limited amount of time etc.. Played the 2nd one to death on my PS2.
Scabby Sid
Scabby Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Played the original on Dreamcast but the lack of a 2nd analogue stick made it practically unplayable for me
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 am

The PC version of DX uses the arrows, which can be frustrating Sad What would you need a second analogue stick for anyway?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:37 pm

GhostAnime wrote:Mischief Makers
This.

Super Metroid also falls to mind...
Imagine this, if the next Nintendo console goes HD (which there is a high chance of it doing), imagine it in 1080p with large, detailed sprites...

Also, considering Ocarina of Time is getting the 3DS treatment, I'd also like to see Majora's Mask get the same.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:18 am

For another game/franchise that hasn't been out long - how about a new Elite Beat Agents? Reggie said there wouldn't be another, but hey, never say never. I personally preferred Elite Beat Agents over Ouendan, but that's probably because I recognised the Elite Beat Agents songs.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:28 pm

RawkHawk wrote:For another game/franchise that hasn't been out long - how about a new Elite Beat Agents?

Hell yes. OK, it hasn't been long enough to declare it "Reboot Time", but I for one would welcome a new EBA game. I think I said in a different thread that they should do an EBA Smash Bros. Edition - have remixes of classic Nintendo tunes and have the Agents helping out Nintendo characters (e.g. helping Captain Falcon win a race or Link navigate a dungeon).

Speaking of slightly obscure classics, will Rareware ever release Jet Force Gemini on XBLA? Yes, I would prefer to see it on the Virtual Console. Better yet, remake it for WiiWare so you use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to play it, aiming with the IR pointer and so on. Similar to the Mario Galaxy games, a second player could pick up another Wii Remote and play as Floyd at any time. On the other hand, a remake for the 360 could be equally awesome with bumped up graphics and having an orchestra perform all the songs - could you imagine an orchestral version of Ichor or SS Anubis? (Not that a Wii version couldn't do this).
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:00 am

I agree with Elite Beat Agents - Nintendo version. It'd probably sell more than the original because it's got Nintendo fan appeal with it, and I imagine few people who were fans of the songs on Elite Beat Agents bought the game. I like the songs in Elite Beat Agents though.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:36 am

Now that Other M is nearly out I realise that the only game from that story is Metroid 2, so i'd like to see that remade simply so we can have that story told for the people who haven't had a chance to experience it.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down