TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back.

+3
Dunncor
Pwiimus
Wido
7 posters

Go down

Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back. Empty Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back.

Post by Wido Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Nintendo's conference was a blast. I didn't expect Zelda to be shown. Well, not a demo demonstration. I was expecting a trailer and thats it. Donkey Kong: Country was the other surprise for me. I'm a big fan of Donkey Kong. Still got my Gameboy colour with Donkey Kong still in. I'll take a picture tomorrow and put it up, as it does deserve that lol.

3DS looks good. I do like the design of it and the games such as Kid Icarus? Spelling... Looked great. I'm getting that N64 vibe again. Great games coming out. Kirby is another, and then the 3DS range. StarFox, Zelda OoT and more. Fantastic. I did like Other M. Looked very good and I may get it. Though I would need some kind of directon whether to or not to be honest. All I know is Samus is a bounty hunter? Save the galaxy I guess and kick ass. Thats my honest opinion lol.

Zelda was the main reason why I will get a Wii again. Donkey Kong just added more + Kirby. Plus Super Mario Galaxy 2, as I did enjoy Super Mario Galaxy 1. I'm now saving my money to get one and there is a lot of games I want XD.

I just thought this deserves to have a thread. I got rid of my Wii, because, simply there wasn't enough games to keep me interested. I lost all hope in Nintendo with the Wii. I got a Wii on launch day. I skipped school because of it and I got Zelda: Twilight Princess with it as well. Anyone would do that. Over the 1 year & half I had it. The games that I had were:

Excite Truck
Mario Kart
Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Red Steel
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
Wii Sports

So, once again. I cannot wait to get my hands on the Wii once again!
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back. Empty Re: Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back.

Post by Pwiimus Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Zelda looked crap tho, it was all look how I can swing my sword (badly) and fire my slingshot, which reacted to slow to the uber fast spiders lol.

Gfx were sub Twilight Princess and there was no reveal of story or anyhting special the game may have in store. It looked like it was just a linear hack n slash em up
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back. Empty Re: Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back.

Post by Dunncor Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:58 pm

I think Zelda Skyward Sword looked amazing graphically, easily the best looking Zelda game in my opinion. (From what I've seen so far, and remember this is just graphically.)

We'll find out more about the Zelda game in coming months, certainly. Should start to get loads of info for it now.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:52 pm

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was kinda "Ok cel shaded again" at first and then I watched more and loved it. It truly is something special and i'll be keeping my eye on that one.

I too believe if Nintendo keeps down this path, we'll have the old Nintendo back again, how can we not with all these fantastic games coming?
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:04 am

Yes it will be the 'OLD' Nintendo.
They'll announce the NES2 with the power of a SNES minus the mode 7 capabilities. Then release graphically dumbed down rehashs of NES titles, the fanboys will lap it up in their millions Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back. Icon_biggrin
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:54 am

People are still forgetting. The Wii is never going to excel in the visuals department. The only department which Nintendo can do is the gameplay. Saying that though, the Cel-Shaded graphics will give Skyward Sworda bit more credit. Because the critics will say "Oh, another Twilight Princess clone" and "Is this what we really been waiting for?".

On the visuals front, Cel-Shaded graphics gives the Wii justice. Because, its not trying to become something its not. Kirby looked fantastic and so did Donkey Kong: Country. These aren't you're Killzone's, Call Of Duty's and Gears of War. These are games which you enjoy. Back to basics which anyone can enjoy. I know quite a few Nintendo haters in my past and I have converted some. Especially with the Wii. When I got the Wii on launch, I easily got my friend to buy one. I showed off Zelda: TP to him. He was amazed and is keen Nintendo gamer now than just being on the Xbox.

Like Darren said. If Nintendo stick to this path. They will win a lot of people back and become what they use to be.

The Wii can only do so much. The 3DS is what you should be looking at mainly. If you watched the MGS3: Snake Eater 3D gameplay vid on youtube. You'll be amazed what it can pull off. Easily matches the PSP.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:32 am

I don't understand the reception for Zelda either. People will buy the game anyway. Zelda is Zelda.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 am

Thing is these cell shadedish graphics looked washed out and lack the initial visual oomph of Windwaker
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:37 am

Surely you should know by now that Nintendo don't give a damn about making the graphics as good as possible. They could have gone down the Twilight Princess road, but these graphics set it apart from TP. Look at Kirby's Epic Yarn, a game with a unique graphical sense. That could have gone for the best graphics the Wii has, but instead it's gone for something different.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 am

Graphics don't make a game, they help the whole experience but for games like Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Paper Mario, we will get an experience unique to what any other company can offer. This is why Nintendo have done well, it's nice to see them getting back on track and realising that core fans matter.

I feel they've realised their mistake at focusing on the casual gamer too much, I still think there is a place for casual gaming in Nintendo, but what they need and appear to be doing now, is offering a fantastic gaming experience, for the overall majority of gamers. Let us hope that some of those casual fans turn into hardcore fans so that even more people can enjoy Nintendo.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

I know that graphics don't make a game, but surely the idea is to move on the look and style of a game series, this on the other hand looks a good couple of steps back.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:32 am

How is it a steps back? You saw one setting in a demo. Judging from that alone is foolish.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 am

Yes it is, yet everyone else is judging it as awesome and a 'Game' winner based on exactly the same demo.

So why are my views foolish and your opinions valid?

And please try answering with your own words and not just copy and pasting words I've already typed thanks Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back. Icon_wink
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:59 am

So why are my views foolish and your opinions valid?
The only opinion I've stated about the game is that Zelda fans alike will play it anyway. Everything else I've said has been in disbelief of your judgments and criticizing your quick conclusions about it.

And please try answering with your own words and not just copy and
pasting words I've already typed thanks Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back. Icon_wink
Please try to actually refute arguments instead of using ad hominems.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Based on the demo memebrs on the board have stated they like the look of it, and I have stated I do not.

I have stated that I feel the graphics and the gameplay shown lack a sense of moving forward with the series. On further showings over the next year i may be proved (most probably will) wrong.

Using your technique

Gfx were sub Twilight Princess and there was no reveal of story or anything special the game may have in store. It looked like it was just a linear hack n slash em up

The reveal was poor, it focused heavily on a flawed combat system and nothing about the story or how the game plays could be drawn from it.

Hence my questioning about how the demo shown could be anything other than a dissapointment.

I'm sure that despite what misguided assumptions you have of me, that this game will be awesome on it's day of release and that I will undoubtebly have re-purchased yet another Wii by that time Seems my Nintendo days could well be coming back. Icon_biggrin anyway
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:46 pm

I have stated that I feel the graphics and the gameplay shown lack a
sense of moving forward with the series.
And we have also stated that:

1) seeing one setting isn't going to give you a complete idea if the cel shaded graphic balance is truly dark or bright or even 'moving forward'. it's still too early

2) What is moving forward? You still haven't answered what that mean, or what 'steps back' meant other than "It's Wind Waker" or "It's not like Ocarina of Time." The Zelda series has honestly shifted back and forth with its graphical styles.

The reveal was poor, it focused heavily on a flawed combat system and
nothing about the story or how the game plays could be drawn from it.
It's one of those things called a trailer. I'm sure you've heard of them.

Last edited by GhostAnime on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:27 am

Cell phones were messing with the Wiimote during Miyamoto's demonstration; the controls worked quite well when people played the demos because they turned off the IR calibration. The graphics are a WIP. And then there's the fact that the game itself and the demo are WIPs.

I rather enjoyed seeing Pwiimus being a whiny bitch in that other thread where he was all like "stop qouitng em is't lmae tlak fro yruoslef". The idea behind quoting someone is to show where they commit logical fallacies. When you commit a logical fallacy and someone points it out, you basically have three choices, four at most: admit and correct your mistake, deny that there is a mistake, deny that there is a mistake and act like a whiny bitch complete with a mental breakdown, or actually use your fucking brain and the basic reasoning skills that toddlers have to prove that the error was in fact not an error. Of course, you can only do that last one if it's not a mistake.

Seriously, GhostAnime is supposed to be the big forum troll that everybody hates, and then Pwiimus throws a shitfit like no fanboy has ever thrown before and decides to leave the forum. Utterly fucking hilarious if you ask me. I'm liking GhostAnime more and more on this forum. I might disagree with him once in a while, but he actually, you know... THINKS. And if two thinking people disagree, then shit like this doesn't happen. Is there some reason to be emotionally invested in the idea that Nintendo's showing was "terrible"? A reason that when someone disagrees, you must go off on them like some kind of lunatic? If there is one, I'd love to hear it. I'm sure it would make me laugh. I'm hella amused by the whole thing. Like I've said before, there are two kinds of fanboys: the kind that bitch about their favorite company being the worst company ever, and the kind that bitch about someone else's favorite company being the worst company ever. Usually fanboys will experience both of these at some point, so maybe some redifining of the terms is required. Stages would be more accurate than types.

Anyway, yeah... retarded argument is retarded.

How do I feel about Skyward Sword? Cautiously optimistic. It looks good, but it's too soon to tell for sure. Metroid: Other M is practically a lock in my opinion, but that could change.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:10 am

lol, 1st time back in this thread in a while and laughing my bollox off at the above post Twisted Evil

What I was trying to do back then was show us all up for the agendas that we follow.

Despite how much we protest that we are open to reason, when you get an idea in your head it is difficult for someone to change it no matter how good or bad the opposing argument is.

At the time I honestly felt that the Ninty presentation wasn't worth all the praise heaped on it, neither was Microsofts or sony's, yet I was beaten down as a fanboy for pointing this out.

Sitting under my TV at the moment are a PS3 Slim, 360 Elite and a Wii.
In my back room I have a particularly powerful Gaming PC.

I have and no doubt will continue to big up certain systems, but this has and will be based on where I view the software at the time I comment.

I canhave my opinion changed but usually that is from personal experience and not from someone telling me I'm wrong, as I like others resent being told I'm wrong.

As stated In another thread I was probably being extremely pissy at the time, and I appologise, but anyway back on topic Very Happy

My Nintendo days are well and truly back Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:57 am

In all honesty, what changed your mind?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down