TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy XIII

+6
PlatinumSamusUK
RawkHawk
Dunncor
Wido
Vexan
Komodo_Zero
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy XIII Empty Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:19 am

Whether you're getting the single disc PS3 or more likely to sell 360 version, there's no denying that this is an incredibly looked forward to game. You can pretty much go anywhere and find every single detail of the game now, considering that it's been out in Japan since December.

You can pre-order now, and in Europe there is a special edition which includes a hardback art book, unique art cards, a sampler soundtrack and a l'Cie decal. It's unknown if this is coming to the states, but it's quite likely. The special edition is worth £60, compared to the £40 standard edition.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Vexan Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 am

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh ^^

I remember when what I used to say was : I'm buying a PS3 for FF 13 ! It's the only good reason XD ! of course there was the other FFs included, anyway, I'm a childhood FF fan, I'm definitly looking foward to this awesome / crazy RPG gameplay! Man this game is a dream coming true ^^ !
Vexan
Vexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:50 am

I hyped myself up watching trailers and previews yesterday, so much that I noticed Serah's accent change in the TGS 09 English Dub trailer. It changed from a psuedo-British accent to an American one... Which confused me...
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:09 am

I have just pre-ordered FF13 for the PS3. I was debating whether to get Star Ocean & White Knight Chronicles and Heavy Rain. I think FF13 will easily fit the bill as I watched the trailer which was simply mind blowing stuff.

Looking really forward to this. Haven't got this excited towards a FF game since FF7 Smile
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 am

I pre-ordered the Xbox 360 version Monday from ShopTo. Yeah, it's the inferior version. But i'm not getting a PS3 for FFXIII >_>
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 am

PS3, Collector's Edition, pre-ordered. GAME have a trade in deal on the game as well, so I can trade in Modern Warfare 2 and get the game half price.

I won't get the CE half price, but I'll certainly get half of the standard game's RRP taken off it when I asked about it yesterday. Besides, I got a couple more games to trade in too, points on my loyalty card and a student card to claim 10% discount, so regardless to what happens I will pay £30 or less XD
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 am

I'm planning on buying this, but I don't have the money. I may use birthday money on it (ironically, my birthday is the day FFXIII comes out), but part of me wants to use it going out with mates.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:58 am

For those unaware (and lacking a 360), Cheap Ass Gamer is offering the chance to win the Final Fantasy XIII edition 250GB Elite Xbox 360.

If you already have a PS3 though, it's not entirely worth it for FFXIII, but it's still a chance to win a 250GB Elite.

Also, 3 more days left!
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:13 am

ShopTo sent my copy around 7pm last night... = Monday Arrival For Me ^_^

From my understanding, the PS3 version has the better looking cutscenes. Both have the same looking gameplay (Graphic wise), but 360 has the better framerate (By just a few frames).

Ah well...
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:17 am

I'm not one who cares about how cutscenes look. I know FFXIII is full of them, but as long as gameplay is the same it's fine for me.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:50 am

For all the setbacks the 360 version has (mainly the number of discs), it does look like a very good port.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:07 am

I don't see the problem in having multiple disks, bar the obvious in the size of the game case. I didn't have any problem using multiple disks for some gamecube games that were available on PS2 or Xbox on a single disk, although they were small, and had there been more than two anyway I'm sure they would have fitted snugly inside the single game case.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:43 am

I have no problem with disc switching either, just means I need to get up occasionally Razz
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Regardless to whether you can manage disc swapping or not, the game is massive.

The PS3 version is 23 GB. The 360 version ranges between 5 and 6 GB per disc (which makes me wonder where the remaining 8-10 GB went...).

Although, the source I got the 360 disc size details was more on the install sizes. I reckon they are actually much closer to the 8 GB limit that dual layered DVDs have. The PS3 one is very close to the 25 GB a single layered Blu-ray can carry.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Data compression has always been better on 360 games than on PS3 games, hence why you're looking at a 360 version that's lighter on gigabytes than the PS3 alternative. Typically PS3 games go through relatively little data compression thanks to the 25GB afforded by Blu-Ray single layer disks. It's generally accepted that despite this the 360 outputs better visuals than the PS3, although the noticeable visual differences in multi format games since the PS3 launched have closed to almost nothing. That's because the 360 architecture handles data decompression better than the PS3, affording separate processing for graphics, whereas on PS3, everything is handled by Cell. Dedicated processing is always going to produce better results visually than equivalent simultaneous processing, but with all those dedicated processors you have in the 360, you have a lot of heat being churned out, and thus, have more potential for those problems we've been seeing.

Anyway, very long answer to a very simple question.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Actually, the PS3 has a crap graphics card. Some developers are actually using other graphical hardware the console has to create absolutely stunning games visually. Uncharted 2 does this and easily looks one of the best games on the console.

I'll find the article I read this on later, as it describes it way better than I just did XD
But what it says is the PS3 can outshine even a high end PC in terms of graphical power.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:03 am

Got it delivered this morning.

Played through it for about an hour and a bit.

Liking it sofar!
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am

Apparently the PS3 version of the game looks better due to the fact that the resolution of the 360 version is lower. That would explain where your lost gigabytes went K_Z.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 pm

On chapter 3 and most probably near the end of chapter 3. I'm loving it! I haven't been on the Playstation network for about 3 probably 4 days now. Obviously being away for the weekend and now diving into FF13. I can't really see myself logging into the PSN at all for some time.

Which characters are you liking?

So far I'm liking Lightning and Snow and Sazh but I dislike Hope at this moment. Yanille neutral feeling and I'm ? of her purpose in the game.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Chapter 2, love the battle system. Just had my first taste of the Paradigm Shift (supposedly pronounced Para-dime, yet to confirm).

I'm kinda liking them all so far... Cept maybe Hope. Apparently he spends a fair deal of the first half of the game being a complete twat, but eventually comes to terms with things.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Battle system is pretty awesome. Still think the battle system can be improved and will most probably get better. A new layout to future JRPG I think...

*Prepares to get shot down in flames* lol
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:55 pm

I think it's fine. I'm still not quite used to the Paradigm Shift yet, and my fairly small TV screen means I can't quite predict when my health lowers a great deal.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:05 am

Komodo_Zero wrote:I think it's fine. I'm still not quite used to the Paradigm Shift yet, and my fairly small TV screen means I can't quite predict when my health lowers a great deal.

I have got use to the Paradigm shift. Two offensives for your survival basically when in combat. You have Relentless Attack which is all out of attack and the other being Diversity? Something like that which is pretty much defend and Yanille or Hope who is the medic class can heal you and your other team mate.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:43 am

I've gotta ask... Yanille?

It's Vanille, with a V.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 am

Komodo_Zero wrote:I've gotta ask... Yanille?

It's Vanille, with a V.

It might just be a mistake.

Anyway, I just wanna ask this: how would you compare it to other mainstream FF games?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next