TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy XIII

+6
PlatinumSamusUK
RawkHawk
Dunncor
Wido
Vexan
Komodo_Zero
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Komodo_Zero Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:32 am

V and Y are not right next to each other on the keyboard, so I can only assume it's a misunderstanding with the game itself.

No Final Fantasy game can compare to each other anymore. The last game able to do this was X. XI, XII and now XIII are almost uncomparable, only XI and XII share similarities.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Komodo_Zero wrote:V and Y are not right next to each other on the keyboard, so I can only assume it's a misunderstanding with the game itself.

No Final Fantasy game can compare to each other anymore. The last game able to do this was X. XI, XII and now XIII are almost uncomparable, only XI and XII share similarities.

Twas a mistake. Major typo error as I was also doing something else at the time.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:39 pm

So how are people progressing?

Somehow I'm ahead of Ian, despite him having a full day to play it before I did.
Chapter 5 with nearly 10 hours clocked.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:55 pm

CHapter 4 I believe, not had any chance to play it today. Was A Level results and parennts evening, and things went awful, so I spent the day working.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Komodo_Zero wrote:V and Y are not right next to each other on the keyboard, so I can only assume it's a misunderstanding with the game itself.

Oh lay off, it's a new game, people can get characters confused. Or maybe he just spelt it wrong, no need to go on about it.

Anyway, Ghost was showing me this the other day and I must say that the rendered video is beautiful! I also like the transitions between the game and the battles. It's smooth and quite decent. I haven't seen enough to make a true judgement, but from what I can see in the looks department, pretty good! I hope you'll all get back to me with some opinions once you've finished the game!
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cheezysplosion Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:01 pm

i love this game
i say it has replayability based on artistic value alone (epic scenery)
i love the battle system, its simple when but you get involved when you need to. paradigm shifting is awesome. though vanilles voice....it sounds like she has something stuck in her throat. the other voices are great. i just wish hope wasnt such a pansy....
cheezysplosion
cheezysplosion

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:30 am

I'm at a point where Hope starts to get his act together.

That and I'm juggling enemies in the air, it's awesome XD
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm

I'm on Chapter 5. Hope is starting open up more whilst Vanille or Oerba Dia Vanille to be precised for KZ standards, is still annoying.

Darren, its a wonderful game. I wonder, has FF13 swung your decision to get a PS3 or an Xbox 360?
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:48 pm

I got well and truly pissed off with the boss for chapter 5. It's diabolically retarded. He does damage up the wazoo, has pretty damn high defenses, changes his weakness too god-damn much and ALL of his attacks interrupt any action you make. It's annoying that you only have 2 characters to do it with, and I spend most of my time healing when it all get's taken away after a few seconds anyway...

It's an endurance test, can you cope for long enough to actually beat it?
My answer, no...
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:02 am

I'm just on the start of Chapter 5. Which is also the start of the 2nd Xbox 360 Disc.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cheezysplosion Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:40 am

SPOILER ALERT
hope is a woman
snow is a dragon
sazh and vanille are siamese twins
you cant butt dial with slide phones
never eat slimy worms
and, lightning is snows father....
sorry i just couldnt hold it back
cheezysplosion
cheezysplosion

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:18 am

Ok, I beat the bugger with a proper strategy, now I'm onto chapter 6.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 Empty Final Fantasy XIII - Your thoughts please!

Post by Ben64 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:18 pm

I recently bought this game from GAME (so full price, hurrah ¬_¬). This is the only Final Fantasy game i've ever been interested in buying, and so far i'm loving it! Oh wait, i bought FFIII for DS and that was okaaay. But anyway, the story is gripping from start to... so far (for me, so NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!)

The real reason i was confident about buying it was the newer combat style, present in FF12 as well, I think. It felt good to finally be able to enjoy a FF game whose combat had actual pace! However, some of the fights can be really tedious. REALLY tedious! Simply because one particular enemy has loads of health, and not because it's actually putting up a challenge. It kinda kills the overall pace of the game. The levels are really pretty, but ultimately linear in places, sometimes to the point where it may as well be just a straight on series of fights until the big boss.

That's the bad stuff out of the way, the rest would be merely nit-picking. The characters are your typical anime lot, decide for yourself whether that's a good or a bad thing.

But watch out for Vanille early on, annoying kid can't decide whether she's American or British at times. Snow's a bit of a douchebag, Hope is an awesome medic (hint hint), Fang is HAWT... and Lightning's a bit emo. My favourite is Sazh Very Happy one of the reasons being he has a baby chocobo living IN HIS AFRO!

This is me done talking now.
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:20 pm

If you stagger an enemy, which is really easy with the Com/Rav combo, those large healthed enemies go down much quicker.

Also, I haven't played this in a whole day... I'll probably settle down with it again later today (as it's now the 15th XD).
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2