TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spyro The Dragon on PS1 - Possibly the best time of Spyro's life?

+6
Wido
GhostAnime
CONOR
Darren
Ben64
RawkHawk
10 posters

Go down

Spyro The Dragon on PS1 - Possibly the best time of Spyro's life? Empty Spyro The Dragon on PS1 - Possibly the best time of Spyro's life?

Post by RawkHawk Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Ah, Spyro the Dragon. When this little gem hit the PS1, it became a hit. The formula was simple: a little purple dragon had to use his abilities to save all his dragon friends. Two more PS1 games were produced: Spyro: Gateway to Glimmer, where Spyro arrives at a new world being conquered by the evil Ripto, who would soon become Spyro's most fearful foe, along as meeting new friends such as Hunter, Elora, and The Professor; and Spyro: Year of the Dragon, where Spyro must retrieve the eggs kidnapped by The Sorceress and her assistant Bianca, with the help of new partners Shiela, Agent Byrd, Bentley, and Agent 9.

After these three games, Insomniac sold the rights to Spyro. After that, the series went downhill. The next games were of lower quality. Enter the Dragonfly was made by a newly-made company, and so it was full of glitches and poor graphics (could you believe the Gamecube version had the superior graphics?), Season of Ice was frustrating at times, and as for the Spyro/Crash crossover...I won't mention it if you don't.

So, do you think Spyro's best days are behind him? Do you think he did well after the PS1? How do you think the series can be improved, if there's a need to improve it?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Spyro The Dragon on PS1 - Possibly the best time of Spyro's life? Empty Re: Spyro The Dragon on PS1 - Possibly the best time of Spyro's life?

Post by Ben64 Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 pm

I remember playing and loving the old Spyro games for PS1 and enjoying them loads! But that's all I really remember Smile Good ol' jem collecting...
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Spyro The Dragon on PS1 - Possibly the best time of Spyro's life? Empty Re: Spyro The Dragon on PS1 - Possibly the best time of Spyro's life?

Post by Darren Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 pm

I loved Spyro: Year of the dragon. It's a game I played when I was like...16 or so. I wouldn't have normally gotten into it, but my dad bought the game and was playing it often, and I remember helping him beat all the bosses. When he bought me a PS1, he bought me the game too. I guess it's one of those rare father/son things I have had with my dad actually.. even though it was a bit late in my life.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:46 am

Ah. I'm getting loads of memories of running around that dinosaur filled land. The PS1 had a few surprisingly good adventure games that could even rival Super Mario 64 (including Spyro) but the most surprising one that I played (YEARS AGO) was the Toy Story 2 game. Brilliant.

Lets not forget Spyro 2! That was also good.
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 am

Toy Story 2 was amazing. It's one of my favourite movie tie-ins.

Yeah, Spyro 2 was good. Spyro 3 is my favourite though. My best memory is the skate park, definetely.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 am

RawkHawk wrote:Toy Story 2 was amazing. It's one of my favourite movie tie-ins.

Yeah, Spyro 2 was good. Spyro 3 is my favourite though. My best memory is the skate park, definetely.

^5

DEFINATELY the skateboarding...a Dragon on a skateboard...I mean COME ON! Razz
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:40 am

I dunno. Spyro feels like it hasn't aged as well as the other platformers. Great classic and all but nostalgia is almost 100% for me, which isn't always good..
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:46 am

To be honest I haven't actually played a Spyro game to the full. I do hope that Medi-Evil and Croc get a facelift and re-earth for the PS3 or even the PSP!
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Catrin Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:15 pm

I loved Gateway to Glimmer. Played it Goodness knows how many times. I used to be a massive Spyro fan. If you're one of my PSN friends you'll have noticed my little icon picture's Spyro. I love purple, I love dragons...so Spyro's perfect for me!

I've recently purchased Enter the Dragonfly. Haven't played it yet, so can't wait to sink my teeth into it.
Lady Catrin
Lady Catrin

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:36 pm

I was disappointed with Enter the Dragonfly. It wasn't completely awful, but it was glitchy.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:59 am

I loved Spyro.

I was having an argument with a guy at school, what was better; Spyro or Rayman?! ^_^

GO SPYRO. 8D
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 am

Spyro was a pretty fun game. I actually haven't played any of the sequels though.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:52 am

Well I haven't experienced Rayman much but I wouldn't be surprised if his games were better.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm

I adored this game, but there was one game at that time that just pipped it for me.

Croc 3D

Did anyone else play this? please tell me someone else did.
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:46 am

I did. I loved Croc so much Very Happy
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:21 am

He was amazing, I just wish that the in game camera was better, that's the only problem I had.
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 am

Back then, I didn't care if the camera was crap and stuff like that, which is why I have amazing memories of games like that Very Happy
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:24 am

Haha, I wouldn't have, except it kept making me fall in the bastarding lava =(
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Yeah like I said nostalgia is the only reason I really consider the games even half way decent. They are just almost completely outdated to me now though.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Nostalgia always does give you rose tinted vision.

The only nostalgic game that I still enjoy is the original Sonic the Hedgehog games.
Smudge
Smudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down