TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New games and DLC, for or against?

4 posters

Go down

New games and DLC, for or against? Empty New games and DLC, for or against?

Post by Darren Thu May 13, 2010 6:41 am

This is kinda related to games such as Mass Effect 2, which ensure you pay for the game new, and are then entitled to the DLC which is free. Some games also offer one time use codes on their content. As i've bought the 360, i've become aware of these things and I am mighty disappointed. It spoils it for the people who can't afford to buy these games at the RRP price, and it is destroying the preowned market and retailers who provide these preowned titles exclusively.

However on the up side, I guess it ensures that the companies are getting a good price for their games and we're offered an experience that is exclusive for people who buy new. But are you guys for it or against it? Please discuss.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

New games and DLC, for or against? Empty Re: New games and DLC, for or against?

Post by Ghost Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:55 am

It helps the publishers make more money on the public. If a game offers DLC like the Cerberus Network on Mass Effect 2 and it has free DLC then I'm all for it but if you have to pay to access content afterward even if you paid for the ability to actually download DLC then its a dumb idea and I hope more companies dont implement it.

Rockstar got it right with Red Dead Redemption and GTA4. Small DLC like extra mini-missions and clothes/weapons should be free and major DLC can cost the user to download (Like Ballad of Gay Tony on GTA4)
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Games publishers hate the preowned market. It means that retailers make 100% from the sale of a game, with the creators not seeing a penny. It costs a lot less for the retailer to buy a game back off a consumer than it does to buy it from the publisher too, so they're saving millions in this area. Second hand sales are very sneaky indeed, and I believe that they should be regulated in some way. But how can you regulate something like that? I live off preowned games for my 360 because it's my budget console (apart from the £50 wireless adaptor which doesn't seem to work). A solution must be imposed that's fair on all 3 parties involved; publisher, retailer and consumer.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:15 am

Same could be said with the online passes with EA & now SEGA agreeing with EA about them.

That can be saved for another topic.

Back onto the main subject of the thread. I think it seems fair to be honest. If you don't buy new then you don't get the free DLC. I buy new and second hand. Just one way for myself to save some money in the process. I do prefer to buy new because it then entitles me for the DLC the game has to offer.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down