TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underrated Games

+2
Pwiimus
RawkHawk
6 posters

Go down

Underrated Games Empty Underrated Games

Post by RawkHawk Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:11 am

What games do you think are underrated? Perhaps they've gotten bad reviews? Perhaps not many people know about them?

One of these games in my opinion is Blue Dragon for Xbox 360. It's a good game, and quite fun too. Sure, it's a turn-based RPG, but that doesn't make it bad.

Hotel Dusk is another great game. If you like Another Code or Phoenix Wright, you'll love this. It's got mystery, tension, and good twists.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Underrated Games Empty Re: Underrated Games

Post by Pwiimus Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:58 pm

The Saints Row series, always gets put down due to GTA, but they are good games in their own rights.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Cel Damage is one I find underrated. It got mixed reviews, but it's one of the best driving/smash-em-ups I've played, next to Toy Story Racer.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:07 am

I found that Killer7 on the cube was a bit underrated. I liked that plus the game 13, if anyone can remember. Another multi-platform title but I had that on the Cube as well. Had some good 4 player split-screen with my friends.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:15 am

Is that XIII? the Cell shaded FPS. Only ever played the 1st level but it seemed quite cool.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:02 am

Ah yes, XIII, that was a good game. Multiplayer was really fun. One of those games where it's not just 'shoot everything in sight', as IIRC, your character could have a heart attack if they used a large weapon not suited for them.

Magical Starsign is underrated. It's a good RPG with a good feature (planet alignment) that had decent difficulty.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:53 pm

The original Streets of Rage, good game that gets overlooked by it's prettier sequel.

Still a solid side scroller tho and has the cool power up that the sequel doesn't
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Umm, does Jet Force Gemini count?

It was released on the N64 at a time when Rareware were in their prime, a decent third-person sci-fi shoot 'em up with elements of platforming with loads of levels to explore, it's only let-down was how you were forced into 100% completion. It had all of Rare's trademarks - namely the British humour, quirky characters and of course an excellent soundtrack.

It deserves to be re-released on XBLA - the 360 already has the Halo and Mass Effect franchises, so another sci-fi game like Jet Force Gemini would fit in well on the system.
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:03 am

^ I'd say it does, a lot of people don't know about it.

Picross games are underrated too, especially Picross 3D, possibly the DS's best puzzler.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarmaster Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:36 pm

1) Okami, which is my favorite game EVAR!! (yes, I know I misspelled it)
2) Super Mario Sunshine (my favorite mario game) always gets a bad rap, even though it's really fun!
3) Luigi's mansion- I'm biased because it was the first gamecube game i ever played, it holds a special place in my heart...

olimarmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Pwiimus wrote:Is that XIII? the Cell shaded FPS. Only ever played the 1st level but it seemed quite cool.

Indeed. Totally late to respond to that but yes. Razz

Here is a trailer to refresh people.

I know in the multiplayer you can enable bots to fill up the teams. I had some fun with my friends on that mode. I found XIII to be very like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark which wasn't a bad thing! Shame there hasn't been a sequel.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 am

olimarmaster wrote:1) Okami, which is my favorite game EVAR!! (yes, I know I misspelled it)
2) Super Mario Sunshine (my favorite mario game) always gets a bad rap, even though it's really fun!
3) Luigi's mansion- I'm biased because it was the first gamecube game i ever played, it holds a special place in my heart...

Agreed with those, especially number 2. Many people always say Super Mario Sunshine's the worst game, but I love it a lot.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:06 am

I found Sunshine to be good actually. I really didn't see the problem at all. You got to innovate some games or they will get bland and predictable all the time. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy and how well that has been taken by the fans.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

It isn't Banjo Threeie, it isn't trying to be Banjo Threeie, it's trying to be unique, and it is, whilst being bloody brilliant. One of the best 360 games available easily.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Dunncor wrote:Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

It isn't Banjo Threeie, it isn't trying to be Banjo Threeie, it's trying to be unique, and it is, whilst being bloody brilliant. One of the best 360 games available easily.

Damn straight - I spent days playing this game (80% of the time spent on building insane vehicles Very Happy ).

My suggestions a controversial one, mainly because it's well known - Super Mario Bros. 2

Yes, we all know it's simply Doki Doki Panic with Mario and friends thrown into it, but it was still designed by Shigeru Miyamoto. Besides, for westerners it was the second Super Mario game and introduced loads of recognisable traits to the series - namely Shyguys, Birdo and the ability to grab items.

Also, did anyone ever play the Toy Story 2 game on PSone/N64? Perhaps not so much underrated as it is a grand exception to the unwritten rule that games based on films tend to be shite. It was no "Banjo-Kazooie" but it was still a decent 3D platform game - you got to be Buzz Lightyear, what kid wouldn't want THAT!?
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:27 am

I played Toy Story 2 on PS1. It was a great game that I actually got stuck on. Really, really fun though. Toy Story Racer was great too.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down