TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony E3 2010 Liveblog

3 posters

Go down

Sony E3 2010 Liveblog Empty Sony E3 2010 Liveblog

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:52 am

[19:50] Evening folks. I'm all set and ready for this one in good time, and dosed up on caffiene, so hopefully I'll be bringing you the best liveblog of the lot this time (read as most cynical and funpoking). Settle back on the sofa with a big bucket of popcorn, because Sony's E3 conference kicks off in under 10 minutes!

[19:57] The feed just went live. The camera is panning around as a trailer for various games plays. Nobody's actually on the stage yet though.

[19:58] Jack Tretton takes to the stage. I remember this guy from last year! He's the one I reffered to simply as "The fat bloke". He certainly hasn't lost weight. That moniker shall carry through.

[20:00] Fattie is bigging up the PS3. It lost weight, now why can't you?

[20:02] Jack welcomes Kaz Hirai (Of Riiiiidge Racer! fame) to the stage, and he continues to big up the PS3. He wants to let everyone out there know that the PS3 does 3D. He will not shut up about it. He details some of the 3D ready games, including Moterstorm and Pain.

[20:05] Kaz is still on the bigging it up path.

[20:06] Time for a stage demo. We'll be seeing Killzone 3, which from the pre-E3 coverage, has been looking very, very nice indeed. It's being created from the ground up with 3D in mind. The demo will take us through two scenarios in the main campaign. The demonstrator requests that the crowd don their 3D glasses. Still need those specs if you're sticking with Sony folks. Lots of shooting going on right now, and there are jetpacks, ad shooting jetpacks! Now that's something else. The player has donned one of aforementioned jetpacks and is flying round the area like some sort of magpie looking for shiny objects. Whatever he's looking for, he's found it, and now he's getting to shoot more people in the face. What a nice reward. Lots of blood spatter on the screen to indicate that you've been shot.

[20:11] Every jetpack should have a machine gun mounted to it.

[20:11] The battle takes to the skies, and the weapons get more impressive. Now you get to minigun blokes on transport plane type things. The game will launch in Feb 2011, and WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE MOVE CONTROLLER. I'd certainly like to see that, since Microsoft can't seen to do anything besides cutesy gimmicks with their motion controller.

[20:14] Kaz is back, and he's once again bigging up his home console baby. He's saying that Gran Turismo 5 will be 3D ready. I don't think the game will ever come out, they keep changing it.

[20:16] Kaz is telling everyone to once again don their 3D glasses, as they have another 3D trailer to show. It starts with real-life scenes, underwater, american football, and tiger woods cheating on his... I mean plaaying golf. The trailer then cuts to gameplay footage from various games. I see Eye Pet, Crysis 2, a fistfighting game, Killzone 3, and what looks like a few Move demos.

[20:18] The fat is back. This year marks the 10th aniversary of the PS2. They're still beating tthat dead donkey with a stick, honestly! He's not put much focus on it though, now he's back onto PS3, and now moving onto Move (no pun intended). Up steps Peter Dillan to talk to us about the Move peripheral. He looks very suave, with a red handkerchief in his breast pocket. I point it out because he's really only blabbering, nothing informationwise is coming from his mouth.

[20:22] Here's the obligatory "The developers all say our product is brilliant" video. I swear you could take each of these videos, change the name of the console/product they were talking about and you'd have the same video.

[20:24] I wish the Move peripheral didn't look like a dildo with a glowing red orb on the end.

[20:24] THE MOVE PERIPHERAL HAS BUTTONS! Yes, they actually said that.

[20:25] Interesting point has been made. Due to the capacity of Blu-Ray, sony will be able to put the Move and regular versions of games on the same disk. I expect that'll save them a penny or two.

[20:26] Someone called Christian is now on stage. He has stupid earings and flyaway hair. His game, Sorcery, is Playstation Move compatible. He moves to a television on the left, picks up a Move controller, and jumps into the game. There's someone in a cape with a wand. This is harry potter. The movement of the wand is tracked 1:1He does look rather like he's playing the Wii though, tthe's using the nunchuck-alike peripheral for movement. He's also just turned his character into a rat. Of all the creatures, why choose a rat. He's just wailing on some bad guys, goblins or something. The game seems to take a few ideas from Bioshock, as you can combine spells to create traps of sorts. He's just rebuilt a bridge by waving his arm around like he was immitating a tree. The demo ends as the character passes through a large door only to be greeted by an enemy. A large enemy.

[20:33] Oh here we go, my favourite, sports games. Let's get this over with so I can stick pins in my eyes.

[20:33] We're watching a demo of Cheating Bastard's PGA Tour 2010 or 2011 or whatever the heck they're on now. He's going to absolutely twat the golf ball. He missed. 1up 1:1 control. Aaaand he's in a bunker. N00B. He hits a second shot. Guess where he ends up. This isn't looking good for players who don't actually play golf. Well, at least his 3rd shot takes him to the green. How do people stand golf It's about as entertaining as being forced to shut your testes in a bus door while it drives away. I lost track of what he's been doing, bugt the ball is in the hole now. I expect he cheated.

[20:38] We're back to trailers again now. Something called Heroed on the move. There are various different characters from different games. Ratchet and Clank, someone called Sly and something else. It looked like Ratchet and Clank, nothing new.

[20:40] Obviously Coka Cola sponsored Sony tonight, they're announcing a partnership where you can win the Move accessories when you drink Coke. That's nice.

[20:42] The Sony guy who likes to make a prat of himself online has taken to the stage. He's trying to do standup. He's failing. The audience is still laughing. I don't blame them, they're only American.

[20:43] This man is very annoying. At least he's worn deoderant, I expected him to have massive sweat patches.

[20:44] Well, we're still talking Move here, guy is still trying to be funny. We are not amused. Well, me anyway. Rousing music plays. This attempt to win over the audience annoys me, but they're lapping it up. Zealots.

[20:46] Thank god, he's gone. Red handkerchief is back. He's telling us the details for the Move. Europe - September 15th. North American pricing will be $49.99, and the "navication controller" (the nunchuck) will be $29.99. A bundle with the Playstation Eye and Sports Championship game will be available for $99. A PS3 bundle will come in at 399.99 with everything. there'll be 15-20 titles available at Launch, with up to 40 for Christmas. Titles including Heavy Rain will get a software update to make them compatible with the Move. A trailer plays. It looks almost identical to some of the Wii trailers shown earlier. Nondescript people flailing their arms.

[20:53] There's going to be a new ad campaign fr the PSP. A trailer plays, and it has the annoying internet dude in it and an annoying black kid. Don't ask, I have no idea. Now there's a guy at a bus stop playing Metal Gear. What a sad life he leads. The annoying black kid is back. "Step your gae up!" Why not step your ass off a cliff you annoying little twat.

[20:56] Invizimals? a game for PSP? Why does that sound farmiliar? Oh yes! Kinectimals for Microsoft's Kinect! nobody can do originality these days.

[20:58] A trailer for a new God of war game, Ghost Of Sparta plays. It looks very samey, but maybe that isn't a bad thing. If it aint broke, don't fix it and all that.

[20:59] more than 70 new titles for PSP by December. Nice statistic. How many are actually any good. More than for DS probably, unless you're into your shovellware. I see God of War, Dragonball Z, Eyepet PSP, American Football, and TETRIS? There's Kingdom Hearts and others. The video feed is awful at the moment. Bear with me.

[21:04] Switched feeds. Much better. We're talking LittleBig Planet now, and someone's along from MediaMolecule to show us LittleBig planet 2. Oh look, minigames! LittleBig Mario Party! At the end of each game you get a grid telling you who did what to who! Wow! Super-innovative! A short trailer plays, showing what people can do in 24 hours with the creation tools. Obviously, given that it's LBP, there's a massive range of stuff you can do.

[21:11] Fat-man Jack is back, and he's talking Playstation Network, and the subscription service they're going to be introducing, called PlayStation Plus. It sounds just like Live, get stuff early, get demos, videos updates etcetera. A full year will cost $49.99. I'm not sure what the cost of Live fr a year is in the US, but I expect it's similar. They could probably have done all this fr free, but moneymoneymoneymoneymoney...

[21:14] Jack is yet again bigging up his console. It's all very well you saying it, what you need to do my waistline-challenged friend is to prove it!

[21:15] To the stage comes someone from EA. He's telling us that the PS3 will see a new Medal of Honour game. It's been rather in the shadows since people started liking Call of Duty far more than is healthy don't you think?

[21:16] A man with a beard is now on stage. I shal dub him "the Beard". He introduces a trailer. The game won't be a WWII shooter, as previously, but a far more modern take on warfare. Wonder where they got that idea from?

[21:18] I've just noticed that the beard has HUGE EARS.

[21:19] We'e introduced to another trailer for the game, this time for the multiplayer element. It looks like something I've seen before. Oh yes, that'd be every recent COD game.

[21:20] The game will be made available as a limited edition PS3 exclusive which will include Medal Of Honour Front Line, the "2002 smash hit".

[21:22] Time for something a little different now. Dead Space. that got a good cheer from the crowd. I expect there was more cheering in the other conferences, but I get the feeling from this and previous E3s that Sony put microphones in the crowd to make the clapping seem louder. The demo looks tense, there's some kind of mean looking boss.

[21:24] Looks like Dead Space Extraction isn't going to be Wii exclusive any more, they're bundling it with Dead Space 2. I can hardly blame them, sales were piss poor on the Wii, I feel sure they'd be better off on PS3.

[21:26] AAH, GladOS! Portal! Gabe Newell takes to the stage. He has been rather outspoken about the current gen of consoles, and he admits it, rather worriedly. He's actually huge. I've never sen him before, but if Jack was fat, this guy is a planet. He'll be bringing Portal 2 to PS3. So I forgive him. He cues a trailer for the game, the first we've seen. It looks very different. Graphically, it looks better, and it looked great already. It's more lush now though, and more detailed.

[21:29] And now we get to see a brief glimpse of Final Fantasy 14. How can they make so many of these games? Don't Square Enix get bored? The usual epic sort of Final Fantasy over-the-top scenes are well and truly present.

[21:31] Now we're talking Ubisoft, and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, which will have exclusive content downloadable for PS3, as well as a Playstation Network exclusive multiplayer beta. Cue trailer, cue lots of murdering. This would be the multiplayer mode by the looks of it. no actual gameplay though. The game is coming november 16th.

[21:34] Time for a generic video demonstrating the main games due for the PS3. Socom, Killzone, Medal of Honour, Dead Space, Tiger Woods, madden, NBA and so on and so forth, you know the drill.

[21:38] Next up, a Gran Turismo 5 trailer. Apparently it's out soon. Given the development time, "soon" probably means some time within the next decade. It's not quite Duke Nukem Forever yet though. Nothing unusual so far, just cars, but then the trailer breaks into a short piece relating to the Red bull F1 team. That's more my kind of thing. The game is due out November 2nd.

[21:41] Now we have a trailer for Infamous 2. the first game was well liked, so there's no reason to doubt that this will be any different. The word "shit2 cropped up in the trailer. That's the first time a swear has come up in a conference this year!

[21:43] Supprise time! OK jack, what have you got? Fat man is sat on a taxi cab talking about games. I expect it's something to do with taxis. We get a nice close up of a cigar. A clown just set fireto his hair with said cigar. Honestly, I don't know what this is, but the trailer gave way to some maniac fat bloke with the same clown mask as in the trailer. Apparently the game is Twisted Metal, and they're going to be running us through a demo of their online team deathmatch play. Lots of shooting going on. It looks a lot like Warhawk.

[21:47] God that man in the clown mask is fat. he has his shirt off, and it's utterly revolting.

[21:48] They're now demonstrating another mode. You have to capture the opposition leader, like capture the flag, but with people, and then sacrifice them in order to launch a missile? Slightly wierd. With said missile you have to destroy the enemy's giant statue. Odd, but I expect it'll be good fun. Maybe.

[21:52] Tubs is back, and it sounds like he's wrapping things up. He's thanking all the fans, and everyone for coming, and exits stage right, probably to grab a coke, given that they've been publicising the stuff so heavily in their presentation.

[21:53] And that folks, is that. The Big 3 conferences are over, for another year at least. What did you all think. I think that I damn well need a rest, so I'm going to take my leave. Hope you've enjoyed my coverage. It's not been the best year I've had with it, but it's been enjoyable nonetheless. Shalom folks!

Last edited by PlatinumSamusUK on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Sony E3 2010 Liveblog Empty Re: Sony E3 2010 Liveblog

Post by Pwiimus Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Invizimals has been out ages and is nothing like Kinectimals
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Twisted Metal & inFamous 2 probably the worthy shouts on my front.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Pwiimus wrote:Invizimals has been out ages and is nothing like Kinectimals

The coment was regarding the name as opposed to the content. And I had no idea it was out, I've had my nose so firmly to the grindstone for the last 6 months that I have no idea what's happened in the industry.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:53 pm

And in unrelated news GoW, GoW2 and GoW3 sound awefully similar to GoW, GoW2 and GoW3 Sony E3 2010 Liveblog Icon_twisted
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down