TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess who's coming to dinner?

+10
Ben64
PlatinumSamusUK
NotNamedJohn
Darren
Ghost
Komodo_Zero
GhostAnime
Matt
RawkHawk
Pwiimus
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guess who's coming to dinner? Empty Guess who's coming to dinner?

Post by Pwiimus Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 am

Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Guess who's coming to dinner? Empty Re: Guess who's coming to dinner?

Post by RawkHawk Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:15 am

NGamer isn't my most trusted source, so I'm taking this with a pinch of salt.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:24 am

Would be a hell of a game seller tho if true.

I mean it's gonna sell big anyway but may just pull in a few hardcore Sonic fans Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:27 am

O__________________O

If that's true, it'll be fun . XD
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 am

I agree with that Very Happy Imagine how amazing the game would be if Sonic were in it!
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:47 am

This... makes no sense to me at all!
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:04 am

Who actually believes this as well?
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:12 am

I can see it happening tbh.

Special guest appearences seems to be the in thing at the moment with Banjo in Sonic and Sega Racing and Dom and Marcus in Lost Planet 2 Laughing
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:17 am

Whats next...Master Chief in Galaxy 2?
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:28 am

Nathen Hale in Halo : Reach bom
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:47 am

Have a look at Fanfiction.net for some crossover fanfics Very Happy
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:36 am

Darren wrote:Have a look at Fanfiction.net for some crossover fanfics Very Happy
No.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:43 pm

I gotta call bullshit on this.

It was believable for him to be in Brawl without any evidence, but that was because of the nature of Brawl: it was already a crossover fighting game. Sure, it was only Nintendo games at first, but why wouldn't people want to put some of their characters into it, since it's just a spin-off?

But SMG2 is not a spin-off. Sonic & SEGA Racing is.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Lost Planet 2 isn't a spin off so that argument doesn't really hold true Very Happy

If the game were to let you play the whole campaign as Sonic, everyone would rush to play a truly great 3D Sonic game.

Imagine the sales this would generate if true, would be a masterstroke by Nintendo.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:14 pm

It would be easier to discuss LP2's place in this if I knew what franchise Don and Marcus were from, or what company owns them.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Dom and Marcus are from Gears of War, an Epic/Microsft published game.

So it is in fact cross developer/publisher guesting lol, tho they will only be playable on Xbox 360, but it is similar to Sonic being in SMG 2 as it will be one platform only Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Will Dom and Marcus affect the story of LP2 though? Will they play an important role? Are they available from the beginning, or are they unlockable characters?

And LP2 is quite different from SMG2; LP2 is a multi-platform game, with special characters from a Microsoft-published game put in. Microsoft did not develop LP2. SMG2 is developed by Nintendo and published on a Nintendo console only. Microsoft comes into play somewhere along the lines of Lost Planet 2, with it being on their console; what does SEGA have to do with Super Mario Galaxy 2 though? It's not on a SEGA console, SEGA didn't develop it for Nintendo...

How would the gameplay work? The two characters are dissimilar in almost every way. Why would Sonic be in the game? How would Mario's platforming elements fit in with Sonic's platforming elements, which are much quicker? Why would SEGA want their character in SMG2? Why would Nintendo? How would he fit into the story? What would his motivation for helping Mario be?

I just don't see it happening. Brawl made sense. Olympic Games and Winter Olympic Games made sense. Sonic and SEGA All-Star Racing made sense. Lost Planet 2, to a lesser degree, makes sense. I don't understand how Super Mario Galaxy 2 would make sense, though.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Biggest pile of crock I ever did hear. Sonic has no place in a straight out Mario platformer. Maybe have a planet with a statue of him, if anything at all. There's no logical reasoning at all for putting Sonic in the game.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 pm

I agree with that Very Happy Imagine how amazing the game would be if Sonic were in it!

RawkHawk, do you have any idea about what game we're talking about here? Sonic has had the worst selection of 3D games EVER, why? Because of the voice! Horrible American rat is what he is! He even managed to kill off the spirit of SSBB! DAMNIT YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY RAGE! AAARGH!

He would kill off Galaxy and my love for Nintendo the second it's officially announced! Re-think what you just said boi!
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Stewart.64 wrote:
RawkHawk, do you have any idea about what game we're talking about here? Sonic has had the worst selection of 3D games EVER, why? Because of the voice! Horrible American rat is what he is! He even managed to kill off the spirit of SSBB! DAMNIT YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY RAGE! AAARGH!
"Neow ah'll show you!"
"Yur toooo slooooow!"
"C'mon, step it up!"

He has a point you know.
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm

I really didn't care about Sonic's voice work. Sure, it wasn't great, but I focused on the gameplay of the 3D games. Which, in my opinion, sucked. The camera angles in the ones I played were terrible, the platforms weren't well designed, trying to play it like a real Sonic game (i.e. 2D Sonic game) meant almost certain death... I just couldn't stand it.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 am

Well I for one would consider buying another Wii and this game if it were true.

Loved the 1st SMG and loved Sonic Adventure, so for me it would be win/win.

We've already had Sonic in SSBB, Summger Games and Winter Olympics, so I fail to see why people are poo pooing the idea so much.

All those people who want a 'Good' 3D Sonic game would get there wish, as an unlockable character it would provide added incentive to finish the game.

I know I for 1 got frustrated with certain elements of the original, that led me to not fully complete it and unlock Luigi. This was mainly due to not being that excited by unlocking him, however with Sonic as the carrot, I'm pretty sure I'd stick with it Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:56 am

Already pointed out, Brawl and Olympics aren't main series titles, they're spin-offs. And Nintendo didn't develop the game and publish it on a SEGA console like with LP2. And Epic/Microsoft are not the same as SEGA or Nintendo.

I'd be less of a skeptic if they were saying it was another Nintendo character appearing, such as Kirby, Donkey Kong, or Wario. I can see Kirby being made to work in a SMG game, albeit with a little trouble. I can see Donkey Kong being made to work in a Mario game. Wario would naturally work in a Mario game. What I don't see working in a Mario game is Sonic the Hedgehog. How do the rings fit in? How does Sonic take damage; like Mario or like Sonic?

While I would like nothing more than a Sonic game in 3D that's actually good (except maybe a 3D Kirby, but that's beside the point Razz), I don't expect him to be in it. If it turns out I'm wrong later, I'll admit my mistake, but at this juncture I don't see it happening. People aren't usually so loose-lipped about these kinds of secrets, especially not Nintendo. Look at Other M; nobody knew about it or Team Ninja's involvement until a trailer was shown for it.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:11 am

Are there more than 1 of each title, I'd consider them main series tbh. SMG isn't a 2D platformer so is that not main series as well?

SEGA don't have there own console.

SEGA and Nintendo seem to have a healthy partnership, with SEGA developing and publishing Wii games with both sets of characters.

I don't see the problem some people are having with accepting that this may be a real possibility.

I may be proved wrong, I may be defending something that may not happen. But I will stick by the fact that other than going multiplatform, this is the best thing that Nintendo could do to rake in some much needed cash.

With Natal and 'Arc' coming up they are going to lose a lot of sales to SONY and Microsoft.

They don't have the luxury as a software developer to release on multiplatforms so this is the next best thing IMHO Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 am

SMG2 is still following in the footsteps of the original series, 2D or not. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is not. Though the leap to 3D makes some changes, the heart of SM64, SMS, and SMG remains the same. But Olympic Games is as much of a spin-off as Mario Party or Mario Kart or Mario Tennis; basically just some game with Mario slapped onto it. Well, it's a little more than that, but not by much.

And I know SEGA doesn't have their own console, that's my point. Lost Planet 2 is an entirely different situation and relationship between companies than SMG2. Just like I know Nintendo doesn't make multi-platform games for consoles other than their own.

I don't know how you don't see the problem some people are having, especially with everyone who's had a problem going ahead and outlining their reasons why. No one's saying it isn't a possibility. Everyone who has posted has merely said that it is not believable. It's just like it's possible that all of a sudden, Thor, god of thunder, could smash down my door and kick my ass and then hand me a lollipop by way of apology. I can't rule it out, but until it happens, I'm not going to believe it.

I don't see why Nintendo needs a lot of cash now, either. The Wii and DS are their most successful consoles of all time; they aren't giving them away for free are they? I thought they were charging $200 or $250 for the Wii. And they still have a huge lead on Microsoft and Sony in terms of... well, in terms of everything concerning this generation of consoles other than hardware specifications. Sure, their profits were down a bit for awhile, but with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and others coming up, I don't see much of a reason to be worried. I also don't see how putting Sonic in a Mario game is going to boost sales much at all; Sonic usually only does a little better than a million units sold or so, and that's with it being on multiple consoles. Plus, if Nintendo put Sonic in there, how much of the profits would SEGA want for the licensing of their character? I'm not saying it would be a huge dent to Nintendo's profits, but it would take away from them a bit.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying that in this specific instance, I do not believe it, and not because of these points I've made that are purely circumstantial, but because of the ones below. It does not make logical sense, not to me and apparently not to others.

To reiterate...

1. Why would Sonic be in the game? Why would SEGA or Nintendo want him in the game?
  2. How would he fit into the story or gameplay?
  3. How does news like this get leaked from Nintendo when they're so good at keeping secrets?
  4. What does SEGA have to do with SMG2?

Now, rather than argue against my weaker points that don't really need to be debunked because of how little they have to do with the argument -- I'll be the first to admit that spin-offs have nothing to do with plausibility of main series crossovers -- what about explaining why it would make sense? Ignore the rest of my posts, just focus on those four bullet points and try to come up with some good explanations.

I'll save you the trouble of responding to the earlier points in this post -- the other crossovers and spin-offs have nothing to do with this situation, and therefore my arguments about LP2 being a different situation doesn't matter because it doesn't have to be that specific situation in order for a cameo playable character. And plausibility regardless of the facts has nothing to do with it, because what is simply is.

You can choose to ignore or not ignore the rest of the post, but please don't ignore the numbered list. Try to come up with plausible answers and we'll go from there, because I'm kind of tired of our argument since it basically boils down to me saying "Is not!" and you replying "Is too!" Razz

Or we can keep up the argument, again it's your choice after I make this post, and then I'll get to choose what I do after you do whatever you do.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next