TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

+9
Matt
Dunncor
RawkHawk
Ben64
CONOR
Wido
GhostAnime
Pwiimus
Darren
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Empty The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Post by Darren Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:55 pm

The latest installment of The Legend of Zelda series, Skyward Sword!

What are your first thoughts on this game from this E3 showing? Comment below! Very Happy
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:01 am

Have they forgotten how to do graphics on the Wii?

This is looking more like a spruced up N64 game, WTF is going on, have Nintendo just thought to themselves, well the fanboys will by whatever shit we shovel em as long as it has a classic name on the box, so why bother with actually trying The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Icon_rolleyes
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:34 am

Or maybe they're just trying a different graphic style. Just because it doesn't fit your taste doesn't mean they intentionally want to fool anybody.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 am

If they're trying a different style they should try harder. Only the devout are going to be won over by this, the casual passer by is going to dismiss it for an old game.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 am

When I first saw the graphics, I was a little surprised, but I think the hybrid Windwaker/Twilight Princess style might actually work. The fact you're basing it on its looks and not its gameplay already is quite a problem. We don't know much about the plot and story, the areas and the locations. We've seen a quick demo of the items, and I like how Wii motion plus plays a big part in this, the ability to use the items more accurately is going to be very interesting.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 am

Pwii, this isn't the Xbox or PS3. Wii will never be on par with the Xbox or PS3 in the visuals department. I like the graphics. Looking at Windwaker compared to this. Skyward Sword isn't as lush as Windwaker in the cel-shaped department. The character model of Link is like Link from Twilight Princess, and isn't like Link in Windwaker. Of course Link was a kid in Windwaker compared to a teenage, early adult Link in Skyward Sword. But the colour and etc is what I'm comparing the two character models.

Can't wait. Next year is when I will be getting a Wii and 3DS. Though I think December & January, would be roughly when I would get a Wii. Most probably after Christmas methinks.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

Only the devout are going to be won over by this, the casual passer by
is going to dismiss it for an old game.
No clue who you're talking about. I still think you're talking about your own tastes.

Zelda fans will play this. Anybody that actually likes it will, because they end up playing it anyway.

You sound very immature to say a game needs dim lights to be good.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 am

I have to agree, I think Pwiimus is showing a lot of blind hate, this is Zelda! It's going to be something special.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am

I've played Zelda, rather enjoyed OoT on the Virtual console and my name is ntaken from the Wii ... don't know where you could possibly come up with 'Blind Hate' as a statement.

Just because I didn't drop to my knees and suck Miyamoto's cock at the end of the conference doesn't mean I hate the games, the console or the company The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Icon_rolleyes

It didn't do IT for me, and I'm sorry that some of you just can't accept that fact.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 pm

It didn't do IT for me,

Only the devout are going to be won over by this, the casual passer by
is
going to dismiss it for an old game.

Then you continue to show us nothing.

Yes, you are pretty much just talking about your own tastes.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 pm

FFS stop with this random collecting of my awesom posts.

You show fuck all you ignorant tosspot yank

All yuo arguments are quotes, do you have a menatl problem that stops you forming your own opinion.

If you are so fucking clever, counter argue, give me your high and fucking mighty reasons why i need to go fuck miyamoto up the ass.

You've offered nothing exept to come in and antangonise me at every oportunity, you've offered nothing to the discussion, you typical yank hiding behind your monitor spurting shit at anyone who doesn't want to here it.

I've tried to be cordial and keep it all jovial as much as I can, but in the light of the obvious dumb assed ness of your posts.

Fuck you prick and goodnight.

I'll enjoy my time away from here
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Yes I'm using your posts. Are you admitting that you're lying now that you're trying to change the subject?

I'm merely providing why you aren't just talking about yourself. Now you resort to insults.

Typical brit, right?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 pm

There was no need to bring in country insults for either person. This is merely differences of opinion between others regarding games, there is no need for it to go on this far. I don't see why you should have to leave either Pwiimus. Sorry you decided to leave though.

Anyway onwards with Zelda!

Who will be picking up this game on release? Remember we won't get it for christmas, but we'll most likely get it early 2011. Was anyone else impressed with cutting things with the sword accurately? I can imagine a whole host of mini games in kakariko village with this Smile
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:48 pm

The visuals are poor yet glossy and smooth. I suppose they've stopped trying to make it look even slightly realistic and yet again gone for cell-shaded. On the second viewing of the trailer, I'm feeling better about the looks but the generic underground lava area looks awful.

The problem is that I'm getting very tired of the stupid cartoon style shapes that they use for monsters. Big round bodies, stubby legs, oversized-blotchy heads and also the way that they bounce around and every move is exaggerated. Looks more like animal crossing. Just can't take it seriously and it makes it look like an old N64 platformer or something.

AS FOR THE GAMEPLAY, the combat looks like it works the same as any 3D zelda (lock on, attack, block, strafe etc.) which is a bad thing because that needs changing. However, depending on how good the WMP controls work, it could make up for it and some more.

The bosses are as unimaginative as ever by the looks of it. Eye-based weak points everywhere. At this point, it's beyond a joke and they should really wake up and make a modern game. Does it even need bosses? I find that bosses break up legitimate gameplay with a stupid over-powered enemy that has some kind of ridiculously convenient weak-point. I'm not saying they should scrap the concept of a landmark, peak challenge like a boss but make it different and clever. You dont have to be trapped in a circular room with a giant eye-scorpion that is allergic to bombs to the eye or something.

Fuck me, that was a long one. Whoever reads it all gets a cookie Razz
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:59 pm

You could have just said it's not Modern Warfare or Metal Gear for quickness.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Ben can has cookie nao!
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Darren wrote:You could have just said it's not Modern Warfare or Metal Gear for quickness.

Why the bitterness?
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:07 pm

I agree with ya on most things Conor, tbh. But I'm only going on what i've seen from the trailer. I don't mind the graphical style at all, it's a mix between TP and Windwaker which turned out nice. but! there's fuck all going on. and he looks like he's landed in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Ben64 wrote:I agree with ya on most things Conor, tbh. But I'm only going on what i've seen from the trailer. I don't mind the graphical style at all, it's a mix between TP and Windwaker which turned out nice. but! there's fuck all going on. and he looks like he's landed in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Yeah, the environments are unappealing and dull. I'd like some open, wooded areas with interesting terrain for you to explore and play around in instead of the sectioned-off areas with dull brown floor and an obvious purpose like a door or a group of gormless enemies.

Is it just me or does Link look so epicly camp in that first bit? Neutral

but that jump at the end looks cool. maybe we'll be getting a proper, exciting story this time! I just hope to god that there's no temple in the sky made out of clouds or something. Smile
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:40 pm

I can't believe you typed all of that from a tech demo.

and btw technically it is not cel-shaded. It just isn't dark.

and what the hell.. realism? did you just forget you're playing a fictional video game series?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:38 am

GhostAnime wrote:I can't believe you typed all of that from a tech demo.

and btw technically it is not cel-shaded. It just isn't dark.

and what the hell.. realism? did you just forget you're playing a fictional video game series?

Okay, let me try and explain this without confusing you.

1. When writing my first post, I was also referring to the series as a whole as well as the game itself.
2. It's a trailer for a Wii game, not a tech demo.
3. The only thing I was saying wasn't realistic was the graphical style. For example, TP had featured a realistic graphical style.
4. Just about every video game is fictional. Also, just because it has a fantasy setting doesn't mean it can't look real.
5. The graphical style used in this trailer is a hyrbid of cell-shaded and realistic, like borderlands or something.
6. Dark? I'm sure that some parts of the game will be dark.
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:58 am

I prefer this graphical style so much. This is one thing Nintendo games usually do so much better on than other consoles in my opinion. They don't go for the top graphics the console can handle, instead going for a certain style. Look at Kirby's Epic Yarn, Zelda: Wind Waker, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension and Paper Mario. All great games (or great-looking games in Epic Yarn's case) with special graphical styles, which is what makes them great.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:05 am

RawkHawk wrote:I prefer this graphical style so much. This is one thing Nintendo games usually do so much better on than other consoles in my opinion. They don't go for the top graphics the console can handle, instead going for a certain style. Look at Kirby's Epic Yarn, Zelda: Wind Waker, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension and Paper Mario. All great games (or great-looking games in Epic Yarn's case) with special graphical styles, which is what makes them great.

They don't have much of a choice really but it could have looked a lot worse. My first impression was that TP looked better than it but I like it now.
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:07 am

The graphics were a shock to me, after seeing the TP styled art work shown last year. Then once I saw it in motion, I instantly fell in love with the graphics. I always did prefer the colour and style of WW to TP, and it did an excellent job of kind of combining the styles.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:10 am

4. Just about every video game is fictional. Also, just because it has a
fantasy setting doesn't mean it can't look real.
WHY should it look more real then?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next