TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professor Layton the The Joy Pad Topic

+3
Darren
Matt
RawkHawk
7 posters

Go down

Professor Layton the The Joy Pad Topic Empty Professor Layton the The Joy Pad Topic

Post by RawkHawk Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:24 am

LAYTON! <3

I remember way back in N-O, when I became a Layton fan. I posted a topic on N-O about it, but it died because everyone who posted in it said they weren't interested in it. When Layton hit European shores, everyone became interested in it. The love for Layton is amazing. The puzzles, the story, the twists...it's amazing. We've had two games, but it's only the tip of the iceberg. At least four more games, a movie that may arrive in Europe, and a manga in Japan. Layton is doing well (not too well in America, but it's popular here and in Japan), and it's set to get better.

Who else can feel the Layton love?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Professor Layton the The Joy Pad Topic Empty Re: Professor Layton the The Joy Pad Topic

Post by Matt Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:30 am

This may sound retarded.

But I wish that they just kept it to the Original Layton, and released with the DSi, and then just put new content etc. on the DSi Store?
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Professor Layton the The Joy Pad Topic Empty Re: Professor Layton the The Joy Pad Topic

Post by RawkHawk Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:34 am

Matt wrote:This may sound retarded.

But I wish that they just kept it to the Original Layton, and released with the DSi, and then just put new content etc. on the DSi Store?

You mean just one game, then add content onto the DSi store? The problems with that are people with DS/DS Lite, the fact that story is a massive appeal, and that mechanics are changed each game.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 am

Ah right. I didn't know about the 'mechanics'. I played the first Layton, and was VERY, VERY impressed. When the second one came out, I just thought it'd be the same with some new puzzles. I then thought that it was pointless and should just be put on the DSi Store for download.
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:39 am

I misread the topic title, "Professor Layton and the Joy Pad" it'd make an excellent fanfiction series! ^_^
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:47 am

Matt wrote:Ah right. I didn't know about the 'mechanics'. I played the first Layton, and was VERY, VERY impressed. When the second one came out, I just thought it'd be the same with some new puzzles. I then thought that it was pointless and should just be put on the DSi Store for download.

Nope, it contains some new mechanics. The dog and the painting have been replaced by a hamster, a tea set and a camera, amongst other things. It's not just puzzles that are the appeal: story has a major influence too.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:57 pm

I played the first game, loved it. Not enough to warrant getting more of the games however. I don't know why, I just don't feel the need to play through the series any longee past the first.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:03 am

So, gaiz...would any of you be interested in seeing Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva outside of Japan? In case you don't know, this is the film which stayed true to the games, being developed by the people who made the games. It was a success in Japan, and Level-5 are keen to release it outside of Japan. Even if it's just straight-to-DVD, do you want to see it?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:45 am

Never played Layton or PW!!! What is wrong with me... I'm guessing you can pretty much pick up the games on the cheap. I'm trading in Ao2: 40th Day. Hopefully I can pick up Tekken 6 in the pre-owned section as I do have £15 on my reward card!
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:47 am

Both Layton games are in sale for full price in most stores due to 'popular demand'. As for PW, WiiWare is the cheapest currently. Surprisingly, the original Layton is extremely popular.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:57 am

RawkHawk wrote:Both Layton games are in sale for full price in most stores due to 'popular demand'. As for PW, WiiWare is the cheapest currently. Surprisingly, the original Layton is extremely popular.

Hmmm, probably leave it till the summer. Most games from there is more reduced in price.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:01 am

If you get it in the summer, you might be able to buy the whole trilogy too Very Happy
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:19 am

RawkHawk wrote:If you get it in the summer, you might be able to buy the whole trilogy too Very Happy

Awesome. Might as well wait then aint I! Cool
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Soundwave wrote:
RawkHawk wrote:If you get it in the summer, you might be able to buy the whole trilogy too Very Happy

Awesome. Might as well wait then aint I! Cool

Yarp, Curious Village has hardly gone down in price, if at all, so you should get the trilogy for the same price. Play them in order however, there's some important plot stuff you won't understand without previous games. The order is Curious Village > Pandora's Box > The Last Time Travel
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:24 pm

I utterly heart Layton, from his top hat to his love of wooden furnishings and all the puzzles inbetween.

Sadly I've not had a real chance to play wither of them, something I really must change.
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 pm

I think I should try out Professor Layton sometime soon...
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:42 am

Yes, you should. The puzzles can be fiendishly hard at times, but they're often rewarding and the story itself is amazing.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:10 am

I'm still yet to get it or play it lol.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Name for third game: Professor Layton and the Lost Future
Release date: October 22nd

Name for movie: Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
Release date: October 4th

Discuss.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down