TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess who's coming to dinner?

+10
Ben64
PlatinumSamusUK
NotNamedJohn
Darren
Ghost
Komodo_Zero
GhostAnime
Matt
RawkHawk
Pwiimus
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Guess who's coming to dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess who's coming to dinner?

Post by NotNamedJohn Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 pm

GhostAnime wrote:
Why would Sonic be in the game? Why would SEGA or Nintendo want him in the game?
You could ask this for plenty of cameo games. There's no clear reason to want Snake in Smash, for example. Nobody literally asked for him. Yes, it's a spin-off, but it's the same concept.
It's also a crossover fighting game, which Hideo Kojima was a fan of and had expressed interest in having his character appear. The series does not have a specific mascot main character who the games are centered around, unlike SMG2. And while I could ask this question for plenty of cameo games, I can get answers for those games. Where are the answers for this question, for this game?
GhostAnime wrote:
How would he fit into the story or gameplay?
Don' think he'd fit in the story, but gameplay wise may take a lot of work, but it's not impossible. Sonic is based on speed but some Galaxy stages would be fun as Sonic now that I think about it.
"It may take a lot of work but it's not impossible" isn't an answer. Nothing is impossible. As I've said before, Thor could kick down my door and beat me up and give me a lollipop. While it seems implausible, it could happen.
GhostAnime wrote:
How does news like this get leaked from Nintendo when they're so good at keeping secrets?
This doesn't really dictate anything about it being impossible.
Never said it did. It is evidence for the case that in this instance, this news is not true. As I've stated before, but apparently has been ignored, I'm not arguing against Sonic appearing in any Mario game ever for all time. Just this one. That's sort of why all four of the bullet points concern this game and not another, hypothetical game.

Ignoring the fact that Nintendo keeps secrets like Nazis persecuted and killed Jews and homosexuals, it's possible. But the question is still begged, how can this news source be trusted when Nintendo is so tight-lipped? It's possible it's true, but highly unlikely.
GhostAnime wrote:
What does SEGA have to do with SMG2?
Well we're just fans. I don't even know what kind of question this is. We just don't know what's going on behind the curtains, but at the same time we don't know enough to say it's impossible or outside of their agendas.
Never said it was. Ignoring what I've said and inserting other things into my mouth don't really answer any of my questions. In this case, for this game, from this news source, with this specific set of circumstances, with this situation only, I do not see any reason to believe this. These four questions are all that need to be answered to convince me that Sonic is in SMG2; these, or screenshots, or Sonic being factually shown to be in the game.

If you look through my posts, you'll see that nowhere have I even remotely suggested that it's impossible. I have said that this is a rumor and not the case for this game, based on various supporting arguments, which in turn are based upon what is known of the nature of the news and rumor.

Want to try actually answering the questions this next time, or are we going to dodge them by bringing up factoids that have little to do with this specific situation? I'm not saying Sonic will never ever be in a main series Mario game; it's entirely possible and plausible. But the way this "news" was broken suggests that this is not the case for SMG2.

Smudge wrote:I mean, back in the era of Megadrive, you would NEVER have though that Sonic and Mario would be in the same game, but look, there already in 3 separate titles.
I actually did think several times that they could have crossovers. It's happened with Marvel and DC plenty of times, why not with competing video game companies? And while it didn't happen until SEGA no longer had its own console, it still did happen and still is possible. I just think it's not the case for SMG2 because the evidence is against it.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:59 pm

The Marvel vs DC crossover seems a little different, But if Sega were still making Consoles today, I doubt we would have seen a crossover.

Sega were just smart enough to realise that they could make a bundle by crossing over when they were down on there luck.
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:00 pm

How am I dodging the question? I am nearly arguing against impossibility; I'm not actually trying to convince you it's true.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 pm

How are you dodging the questions? Well, the fact that you didn't answer them might have something to do with me saying that, but I don't know, I'll have to get back to you on that one. Razz

I'm not the person who's saying it's impossible, as I've said before. It is also possible for Thor to storm in here with Mjolnir and bash my brains in; prove that Thor doesn't exist. Can you? Probably not, just like I probably can't prove this isn't true. The evidence, in both the case of Thor and the case of Sonic in SMG2, is against it; or, if you don't believe that, at the very least there is no evidence for it, and the witness giving testimony is not shown to be trustworthy. Nintendo also doesn't let these things slip, and leaks almost never happen; again, look at Metroid: Other M. Doesn't mean it's not true or not possible, nor have I ever said, insinuated or implied otherwise. It just means, from everything we've seen, that there is no basis for it to be true in this specific instance.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:09 am

Hehehehehe Twisted Evil
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:05 am

In that case we have no vibes with each other.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamon Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:49 am

Guess who's coming to dinner? - Page 3 28gyt1x
Kamon
Kamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:40 pm

So any more news on this, I've not heard or read anything more on if this has been debunked or proven.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Smudge Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I love that picture, I really do =D
Smudge
Smudge

http://kingsmudge.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:47 pm

ONM Said that this story was a load of bull really

I'd prefer it that way tbh

Keep Sonic as a char in minigames and Brawls tbh
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:09 am

Yup, they said that NGamer used it as a joke to annoy us all.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Thought I'd replied to this thread lol, never mind, maybe in the future us Sonic fans will get a 3D game we can enjoy Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:47 pm

If it's true, I'm probably not buying the game. Another stupid gimmick.
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:49 pm

It's true. People have been playing as Sonic already. They dislike how Sonic can't move from planet to planet and dies instantly because there's no rings in Super Mario Galaxy 2.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3