TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BioShock 2 DLC already present on game disc, fans say

4 posters

Go down

BioShock 2 DLC already present on game disc, fans say Empty BioShock 2 DLC already present on game disc, fans say

Post by rbevanx Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:47 pm

There is something that doesn't seem right about charging consumers extra fees to unlock content that is already present on a disc they bought, or at least that is what gamers feel. Fans have pointed out that new Downloadable Content (DLC) for BioShock 2 is actually already present on the game disc itself, despite being labeled and sold as "DLC".

The Sinclair Solutions pack was "released" on Thursday and includes two new playable characters, 20 new trials, weapons upgrades and increases the level cap to 50. The add-on is priced at 400 Microsoft Points, the equivalent of about $5. However, fans of the game posted on the 2K Forum that the download size for the PC add-on was just 24K in size.

Similarly, the download size for the Xbox 360 add-on was just 108K in size. Clearly the content is already on the disc itself.

Do others think this is right/wrong?

I think it's just daft and sounds like to me that the makers of the game had a board metting and went "Right what level can we hold back to rip people off".
I always thought DLC was something that the makers of the game would offer as an expansion to what is on the original game.
Like Mass Effect 2 and Halo 3 for example. I have my doubts about AC 2 as well as the extra levels are on the game but greyed out.
I'm quite curious to what others think on this tbh.

Last edited by rbevanx on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
rbevanx
rbevanx

Back to top Go down

BioShock 2 DLC already present on game disc, fans say Empty Re: BioShock 2 DLC already present on game disc, fans say

Post by Wido Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Very cheeky from 2K to be honest!
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

BioShock 2 DLC already present on game disc, fans say Empty Re: BioShock 2 DLC already present on game disc, fans say

Post by rbevanx Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:44 pm

It just I don't like the BS of it all, just be honest. Say it's to unlock a level/map on the disk not a downloaded element.
rbevanx
rbevanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:19 am

DLC should be stuff they can't get on the disc size wise, next thing they'll be charging to unlock each level in a game Evil or Very Mad
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:45 pm

That's a wierd (and bad) idea. I personally would just look for a way to virtually pry open that hidden DLC box straight from the disk. Although, it might depend on how much said DLC is right now.

Over £10 - i'll do the above Very Happy

(not that i actually own Bioshock 2 >_>)
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down