TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameStop CEO doesn’t see DLC as used game deterrent

2 posters

Go down

GameStop CEO doesn’t see DLC as used game deterrent Empty GameStop CEO doesn’t see DLC as used game deterrent

Post by rbevanx Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:39 am

Via VG247

"GameStop CEO Dan DeMatteo doesn’t believe that DLC opportunities from services like EA’s are a deterrent to customers who want to buy used games.

Speaking during a financial call to investors, via Gamsutra, DeMatteo said that not only can game companies participate in used sales, but reiterated the retailer’s plans to offer DLC in stores.
“Through our years in the used business, we have learned that the second-hand user is a value-oriented consumer… we don’t believe that a $10 add-on piece of DLC is compelling to a used game buyer,” he said.
“Publishers can participate in our used business by offering add-on content for the most popular used titles, creating a win-win situation for publishers, retailers and consumers.
“We can market and execute DLC sales right in-store. There’s a tremendous opportunity for us to encourage software developers and publishers to create DLC because we’ll be able to market it. It’s very difficult to discover, find… add-on content with the tools available [currently].”
DeMatteo said that employees will be trained to offer DLC at the counter, as part of the store’s normal sales pitch.
Earlier in the week, it was rumored that a private equity firm was eying the retailer for purchase, causing stock in GameStop to rise 6 percent."

I think this guy is living la la land, the whole point of DLC is to stop the 2nd hand market. I can't see why MS, Sony and Nintendo etc would consider this.

What do others think?
rbevanx
rbevanx

Back to top Go down

GameStop CEO doesn’t see DLC as used game deterrent Empty Re: GameStop CEO doesn’t see DLC as used game deterrent

Post by NotNamedJohn Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:41 pm

I think that I'm too poor to buy games when they're new 99 times out of 100. Other than that, I don't know what else I think, I haven't fully processed what the guy was saying yet because my mind is on these games I'm going to try to sell.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down