TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Natal / Kinect

+9
Wido
Harry
Dunncor
RawkHawk
Ghost
PlatinumSamusUK
Pwiimus
Smudge
Darren
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Project Natal / Kinect - Page 3 Empty Re: Project Natal / Kinect

Post by Wido Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Well still no price for Kinect. I'm guessing they are waiting for Sony's conference.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:10 pm

I shall be in hysterics is the price is quoted as being "Five hundred and ninety nine US Dollars" a' la Sony E3 2006 regarding the PS3. By my own admittance however, that won't happen.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Well the guy at the end did say there would be a series of announcments about how the 360 was going to be changing. I'm guessing on a Free Gold announcement in the next few days Project Natal / Kinect - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm guessing you're talking out of your arse. Microsoft are already cutting off their own revenue streams by including an internal hard drive so you're not forced to pay about a million pounds to get a new hard drive when you're out of space, so they're going to be looking to find new cashflow through other methods. Certainly they won't cut out one of their most importand sources of income.

EDIT: It looks at present like the price will be coming in at $150 (SEE HERE). That'll be £150 then. That's too expensive. Far, far too expensive. This is the problem with slapping on your motion sensing capabilities as an afterthought. Sony's system will probably come in at a similar price, as that needs the Eye Toy and at least one controller, two to play the boxing games they've showed. They also seem to have a nunchuck, so that'll be extra besides. Hmm, buy a Wii with two games included or a few motion sensing peripherals without the console. NO BRAINER!
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 am

From what I've seen of the new console, the HDD is still priority ware, so MS won't lose out on upgrading. That is unless they're is a standard drive inside the caddy.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 pm

anyone have a feeling this crap's going to fail?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:14 am

Yes, but please reason as to why.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:03 am

well assuming microsoft doesn't fix the stand/sitting feature, it's pretty much going to get easily tiring if the person isn't physically fit. the lasting appeal of it suddenly disappears for some people.

then you have the fact that it's more of an add-on compared to the wii. essentially, xbox is either hoping the casual fanbase will want to actually buy a 360 and kinect, or are already thinking their casual fans are xbox owners; and both are huge jumps if you ask me. i would argue most xbox owners show limited interest in motion sensor gaming that forces you to stand up or sit down.

it just doesn't sound as accessible friendly as wii's was. honestly, sony may as well be suffering the same problem (although they do look to have a better use for it), but it really seems like these guys are too late as the wii just comes with everything ready (or wii fit) at a really cheap price.

both gimmicks sound like they'll do about as well as their already established franchises.

of course, i'll eat my own crap if they actually turn out to do better than my expectations.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:14 pm

I think Kinect will do well, but nowhere near as well as Microsoft expect. The technology's great and everything, but this would be so much better suited to a new console. That way, it doesn't feel like as much of a ripoff for buying a 360 and Kinect, then the games too. It's got the potential for some good games, but it just feels like Microsoft said 'We've just found this new technology, let's release it before anyone else can so we seem revolutionary!'
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Decided that I will definately not be buying this unless it drops down in price considerably.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:30 pm

I wont be buying it either, not because I dislike the idea, price or any of those things. But in a few weeks, I'll move to Uni. I'll be stuck in such basic accommodation for the next year, I wouldn't have the room required to actually use this thing, thus I'm going to have to give it a miss.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Why change your mind, Darren?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down