TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Games/Features Would You Like To See On Wii 2?

+6
PlatinumSamusUK
NotNamedJohn
GhostAnime
RawkHawk
Matt
Darren
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Games/Features Would You Like To See On Wii 2? Empty What Games/Features Would You Like To See On Wii 2?

Post by Darren Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 pm

I just thought i'd revive a thread from Shinesparkers. Features you'd like to see on the next Nintendo console, or Wii 2. What would you like to see?

Credit goes to Mr_Ninjutsu from the previous forum for making the original thread
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

What Games/Features Would You Like To See On Wii 2? Empty Re: What Games/Features Would You Like To See On Wii 2?

Post by Matt Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:08 pm

A Red-Ray player ^_^

It's Matteh's new Blu-Ray upgrade, EXCLUSIVE for the Wii o_o.

Haven't made it yet 0_0

Nah, seriously? I just want some updated graphics and a better demo store.
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What Games/Features Would You Like To See On Wii 2? Empty Re: What Games/Features Would You Like To See On Wii 2?

Post by RawkHawk Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Some form of movie functionality, preferably DVD or blu-ray. I know it's not needed, but it'd be nice. Also, a better Nintendo Channel, other things than games to download from the Nintendo Channel, and a Mii hub.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Online. Enough said.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Kirby. But not like Kirby64, a Kirby game where it's TRUE 3D like Super Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time. It's looking uncertain that the Hoshi no Kirby Wii title will ever come out, so maybe they'll push it back another console like they pushed it from GC to Wii.

Other than that... well I don't even own a Wii yet, so I can't suggest many actual improvements.
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:58 pm

A "Free console if you're a student named Owen Chapman" offer would be nice. Even though I may be excellent at managing my money, when I'm at University, I will have no money to spare, and if I go to MMU then I'll be doing a 4 year sandwich course inclusive of a year in industry, so if the next Nintendo home console comes out in the first 2 years of my course, I just won't be able to get it.

On a more objective note, I'd like to see Nintendo take note of their shortcomings this generation. Storage space has been the blight of Wii owners worldwide, and even I, someone who tends not to download much at all, found that with the few ample demos available my poor Wii finally ran dry of free megabytes. There have been no hardware or software updates to improve the situation, and storing a file on SD card and not being able to play it without transferring it over to the system memory just isn't good enough. There's a good two pages of channels slots on my Wii that aren't being used, despite the absence of any available storage for more.

In terms of the hardware, it would be nice to see Nintendo actually branching into multiple core processing. The 360 has an excellent hardware architecture, albeit designed around a massively flawed design of the console itself, and it manages to push out excellent quality images, with the anti-aliasing particularly better than that on the PS3. I'd hope Nintendo are at least going to attempt to match their competitors graphically come the next home console generation, the Wii is starting to look remarkably inferior at this point in time.

Control? Sure, keep waggle, why not. I'd like to see something more applied though. wiggling a stick is fun for a while, until you realise what you're doing. It definitely works better for some games than others.

That'll do for now...

Games? The generic old Fare, Mario, Metroid, Zelda etc, but I'd like to see new franchises still coming to the fore. I fell in love with Endless Ocean, and I'll be getting the sequel come Friday. That's just one of the new franchises that have captivated me on Wii, there's also Okami, which as far as my opinion goes is better than Zelda. More new IP please, and make it GOOD new IP, not cash-ins and foetid cheese.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:23 am

PlatinumSamusUK wrote:, and if I go to MMU then I'll be doing a 4 year sandwich course inclusive of a year in industry, so if the next Nintendo home console comes out in the first 2 years of my course, I just won't be able to get it.

Before I start my contribution to this topic... is this a hint of where you may be going Owen? Razz

Anyway. I'll start with the obvious. Improve all the hardware, at least match the 360 or PS3 in terms of graphics as they are now. (Considering the only direction I see MS and Sony taking with their next consoles is complete 3d, that should be fine.)

Online, I don't want much. Just a global Friend Code/Name whatever to be used. Much like PSN ID's or Gamertags. Better servers to, but that's not much to ask. Is it?

Keep the Motion, Motion + or improved even further. Used correctly it will be amazing.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:51 am

a true Kirby 3D game sounds shitty if you ask me.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:40 am

I don't think Nintendo are ready to take away friend codes just yet, they stand by them strongly. However, I feel for games rated 15+ they should remove friend codes entirely. Overall I believe they should make the process of adding friends a lot more easy. I liked how you could merely click on a friend in Brawl and add them to your roster.

Anyway, what I want from the Wii 2 are these features:

Bluray so it can hold bigger games, better quality and allow you to watch movies on the Wii.

Internal Harddrive with external harddrive support

Backwards compatibility for Gamecube and Wii

A way to transfer your purchase of games on the Wii shop channel

Make the system region free

Wii motion plus should be part of the controller as standard
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:50 am

More better games to play on the Wii would be nice.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 am

A toaster would be most convienient for those early morning Brawl fests ^_^
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:39 am

Soundwave wrote:More better games to play on the Wii would be nice.
I lol'd
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:43 am

GhostAnime wrote:
Soundwave wrote:More better games to play on the Wii would be nice.
I lol'd

GA there was no need for that. Why not make a proper contribution before dismissing everyone else?
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am

What are you talking about? I just found his comment funny. Is there a problem with that?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am

Matt wrote:A toaster would be most convienient for those early morning Brawl fests ^_^

XD. <3. Would you be able to use the toaster for in-game stuff like Animal Crossing? Very Happy

The 3D Kirby game they had for the Gamecube looked fun. However, I think other franchises should also get games too. I like how they're reviving franchises too.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:50 am

You must be talking about Kirby Air Ride which wasn't that bad; but a Kirby Adventure 3D game would sound pretty difficult to pull off.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:51 am

If I recall correctly, there was footage for a 3D Kirby game. I'm not sure however.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy2l5BSBSL0

Closest thing I could find.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:07 am

No Friend Codes
A system to download demo's for all games.
A More secure system to STOP homebrew.
Better ways of gameplay
And most of all... Free Online still Very Happy

Better graphics would be nice...
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:21 am

RawkHawk wrote:If I recall correctly, there was footage for a 3D Kirby game. I'm not sure however.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy2l5BSBSL0

Closest thing I could find.
Ah, you mean that kind of 3D. I was thinking Matt or whoever said that was focusing on 3D gameplay. We already have a 3D Kirby game that plays like a 2D game: Kirby 64.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:23 am

Yeah, I described it wrong. Matt did indeed mean a fully 3D one, and I thought that was fully 3D, but it wasn't. I own Kirby 64 and like it.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:44 am

That Kirby game looked awesome! Pity it never got a release..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:46 pm

I hope Nintendo make a proper Pokemon adventure like on the DS and gameboy's to be on the big screen especially for the Wii 2. A great launch title if I may say so.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:16 pm

What's a "proper" Pokemon Adventure?
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:21 pm

GhostAnime wrote:What's a "proper" Pokemon Adventure?

I think he means one of the mainstream games, e.g. D/P, but on the Wii.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:23 pm

GhostAnime wrote:What's a "proper" Pokemon Adventure?

I did say "Pokemon adventure like on the DS" not like Pokemon Colosseum, Gale Of Darkness and Battle Resolution. A proper adventure such as catching Pokemon, training in dungeons and the use of online of battling and trading Pokemon. 10/10 reviews will be received across the board.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next