TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your favourite/least favourite films?

3 posters

Go down

What are your favourite/least favourite films? Empty What are your favourite/least favourite films?

Post by RawkHawk Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:06 am

So yeah, what films do you love and adore, and which do you absolutely detest?

A film I love is Toy Story. It's just such a classic film that I can watch at any age and makes me happy. It's got memorable and fun characters too, and is an overall great film.

However, one I hate is Meet The Spartans. The worst film I have seen in my entire life. I laughed once. It wasn't a proper laugh. It was more of a 'heh'. The rest of the film was just so awful. 'Jokes' dragged on for ages, the awful acting was present throughout the whole thing, and whole parts just didn't make sense. It makes me sad to hear that these idiots who made the film are still making films, and the fact that Vampires Suck is doing so well is depressing.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite/least favourite films? Empty Re: What are your favourite/least favourite films?

Post by Ashworthy-Harvington Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:40 pm

You're preaching to the choir, my friend. I hate the two schmucks who made Meet The Spartans too, but for another abysmal so-called film they made called Epic Movie. I couldn't get past the first ten minutes before taking the DVD out* and then ranting for days about how awful it was. The only similarity it has to my all-time favourite films is that it changed my personality and the way I viewed the world. Unfortunately it made me extremely cynical and bitter, it made me critical of cinema and the concept of humour. But at least it made me appreciate the films I love even more.

My favourite films, the ones that had a huge, POSITIVE impact on me include the Lord Of The Rings trilogy - particularly Return of the King (it's managed to stay on the throne of Personal Favourite for eight years), Watchmen, Aliens, Spiderman 2, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and more recently Toy Story 3 (which may or may not dethrone RotK). My favourite comedy films include Freaked (a 90s cult classic), Office Space, Animal House, Airplane and Blazing Saddles - the latter two are how you do a parody correctly.
Ashworthy-Harvington
Ashworthy-Harvington

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite/least favourite films? Empty Re: What are your favourite/least favourite films?

Post by RawkHawk Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:21 pm

I find that parodies are usually poor anyway, they either use poor types of humour (e.g. toilet humour) or don't parody their target well. Films like Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie somehow do both.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 pm

I love action type movies and i'm not a fan of horror movies.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down