TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

360 or PS3? Help me choose!

+12
Thompo555
Lady Catrin
Ghost
Smudge
Pwiimus
Ben64
Wido
PlatinumSamusUK
Komodo_Zero
GhostAnime
Matt
Darren
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

360 or PS3? Help me choose! - Page 3 Empty Re: 360 or PS3? Help me choose!

Post by Darren Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:46 am

This is why no one can really claim one is better than the other, both are great systems. I am still leaning towards the PS3 though, I must admit.
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:12 am

Darren wrote:This is why no one can really claim one is better than the other, both are great systems. I am still leaning towards the PS3 though, I must admit.

Your decision at the end of the day. Yes, the majority of my friends have XBL but I do have friends who has the PS3. Its not like I am losing out on anything as the PS3 have games such as Modern Warfare 2 or FIFA.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:13 am

Yeah, I can think of a number of people who have the PS3, and i'm sure I can join communities and meet more PS3 users if there was a lack of them.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:16 am

Darren wrote:Yeah, I can think of a number of people who have the PS3, and i'm sure I can join communities and meet more PS3 users if there was a lack of them.

Indeed you can. The PS3 has trophies which is the same as achievements. So, if your a trophy hunter I would recommend going on PS3trophies.org. As there will be guides on how to obtain the trophies on a chosen game you are doing and there is a nice community there. I haven't been on for a while but I usually use the site for a quick deco on how to obtain a certain trophy after finishing thet game I am looking up, because of the spoilers. They do put spoiler tags in the threads so its entirely upto you.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:01 am

You can pick up a 2nd hand wireless adaptor for 30 quid these days, so it don't really add much to the cost.

Just as far as I'm concerened I play Xbox everyday, when I owned my PS3's I would play a couple of times a week.

No matter how good people say the exclusives are on PS3, I've played more for longer on 360, but thats just my experience Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 am

You can get 13 months of XBL for as low as £27 ^_^
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 am

Whats your decision so far Darren? Out of curiosity.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Thompo555 Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:01 pm

I has a ps3 so get one! I may even do a little something Wink

I think all the reasons have been said so all i can do is bribe Razz
But anyway i think the Ps3 looks better as well Smile Is that just me?
Thompo555
Thompo555

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Matt wrote:360.

Definetley. Absolutely. Without a doubt.

whatsamatta you??

PS3 is clearly the sensible option.

The main thing that puts people off is the price BUT if you get a 360, you'll want Xbox live which costs £40 a year and then there's the Wi-Fi adapter which costs £60. You will eventually be paying a lot more for hardware than you would with the PS3 AND the PS3 is a better peice of hardware anyway.

The PS3 has Wi-Fi built in (which means no massive Ethernet cables or an expensive and inconvenient adapter) and the online service - Playstation Network - is free and there's no compromise on quality. You even get a web browser (which is curiously absent on the 360) and Playstation Home is free to download.

As well as this, you get a build-in Bluray player, DVD player, CD player (and you can import your music CDs and pictures onto the hard drive). It's a great mulitmedia platform. You can plug in your USB memory sticks, use bluetooth headsets online, keyboards, chargers etc. plus the hard drive is 120 GB so you probably wont ever run out of space (and you can even get a model with The main menu is very sleek, easy to navigate and sophisticated. I prefer it to the 360's massive green panel system. The console itself (with it's new re-design) is very modern and sleek.

You get all the great multi-platform games and my favourite exclusive games are Uncharted 2 and MGS4. The PS3 is more reliable as about 1 in 3 360s get the red ring virus which I think is ridiculous.

Also, you'd be able to add me and Ben as friends and let me pwn the crap out of you on MW2 Razz
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by cheezysplosion Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:42 pm

xbox has a larger online community
cheezysplosion
cheezysplosion

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:15 pm

cheezysplosion wrote:xbox has a larger online community

but a lot more people are getting PS3s so the PSN community is rising.
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by rbevanx Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

I think if it's the same price for both consoles, then it would be the PS3 for me.

Blu ray player, internet explorer, catch up on telly though Play TV or BBC Iplayer.
The exclusives like Uncharted 2 and Little Big Planet are good. Not fussed on Gears of War 2, ODST and Halo 3.

If you love your racing games mind, I would buy a 360 as Forza 3, PGR and Dirt are fantastic on the 360.
Also Left 4 Dead online is brilliant and a good laugh.
rbevanx
rbevanx

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:04 pm

rbevanx wrote:I think if it's the same price for both consoles, then it would be the PS3 for me.

but as I said, all the extra fees add up for the 360 (xbox live subscription and the wireless adapter) and you'd end up paying more than you would for the PS3 and the technology in the PS3 is better anyway. It's just bloody Microsoft being their usual selves - especially with the poor build quality of the machine which will inevitably either get the red ring virus or chew up one of your game discs if you tilt it slightly.
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by rbevanx Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:48 pm

The new ones won't CONOR
rbevanx
rbevanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:14 am

CONOR wrote:
rbevanx wrote:I think if it's the same price for both consoles, then it would be the PS3 for me.

but as I said, all the extra fees add up for the 360 (xbox live subscription and the wireless adapter) and you'd end up paying more than you would for the PS3 and the technology in the PS3 is better anyway. It's just bloody Microsoft being their usual selves - especially with the poor build quality of the machine which will inevitably either get the red ring virus or chew up one of your game discs if you tilt it slightly.

Hardly better tech, besides the Blu-Ray at least, PS3 is hardly pulling away from 360 graphcally like everyone was predicting when PS3 was released.

Alan Wake looks easily on a par with Hard Rain, and looks a lot more fun as well, plus there's nothing to match Mass Effect 2, and Metro2033 is ment to do stuff not seen b4 on 360 Very Happy.

As far as RROD that's a pretty much bygone problem now and it only chews discs if you excesively move the console around with a game in it, PS3 has been known to do the same.
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:22 am

CONOR wrote:

Much like Pwiimus said, the RROD is incredibly rare in new consoles now. Plus ANYTHING will chew up discs if you move the console/machine whilst it's spinning >_>
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Pwiimus wrote:
CONOR wrote:

Hardly better tech, besides the Blu-Ray at least, PS3 is hardly pulling away from 360 graphcally like everyone was predicting when PS3 was released.

Alan Wake looks easily on a par with Hard Rain, and looks a lot more fun as well, plus there's nothing to match Mass Effect 2, and Metro2033 is ment to do stuff not seen b4 on 360 Very Happy.

As far as RROD that's a pretty much bygone problem now and it only chews discs if you excesively move the console around with a game in it, PS3 has been known to do the same.

Trust me, when God Of War III comes out later this week. Your mind will blow! You will simply want another PS3 just to play God Of War III. Not sounding like a fanboy as I don't do that. I have both consoles but I prefer the Playstation at this moment of time. I honestly believe that possibly God Of War III will push the PS3 little bit further than Uncharted 2 managed to pull off in epic style.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Played the original and while fun, was fairly repetitive. Have seen plenty of videos for the 3rd and TBH have been fairly unimpressed with what looks like a HD'd version of the previous games.

This was 1 of the games I had originally re brought a PS3 for before and am happy that having sold it I don't appear to be missing out on much.

Strange thing is I've been like this since the PS1, always waiting for the big console exclusive games only to be severley dissapointed on release.

Gran Turismo, Uncharted 1 + 2, Motorstorm and it's sequel, Killzone 2, MGS4.

All games plus plenty others, that I've had my eye on as a reason to own a Playstation of any kind, that when played I've questioned my choice in purchasing the system.

This has never happened with the 360 funnily enough Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Pwiimus wrote:Played the original and while fun, was fairly repetitive. Have seen plenty of videos for the 3rd and TBH have been fairly unimpressed with what looks like a HD'd version of the previous games.

This was 1 of the games I had originally re brought a PS3 for before and am happy that having sold it I don't appear to be missing out on much.

Strange thing is I've been like this since the PS1, always waiting for the big console exclusive games only to be severley dissapointed on release.

Gran Turismo, Uncharted 1 + 2, Motorstorm and it's sequel, Killzone 2, MGS4.

All games plus plenty others, that I've had my eye on as a reason to own a Playstation of any kind, that when played I've questioned my choice in purchasing the system.

This has never happened with the 360 funnily enough Very Happy

You were disapointed with Uncharted 2?? Neutral I thought it was an amazingly cinematic adventure, funny and satisfying all the way through.

Wait, you were DISAPOINTED WITH METAL GEAR??!?!? Shocked

I certainly would like to own Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 as I love those games but its far from a deal breaker.
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Have never really liked any MG games tbh. As for Uncharted 2, just didn't feel as special as the hype made it out to be :/
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Pwiimus wrote:Have never really liked any MG games tbh. As for Uncharted 2, just didn't feel as special as the hype made it out to be :/

does it seem slightly weird that this is your 360th post? Surprised
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 pm

lol, just pointed that out to the wife. Stranger thing is I posted it using my Wii Surprised
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by CONOR Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Pwiimus wrote:lol, just pointed that out to the wife. Stranger thing is I posted it using my Wii Surprised

Ah, the irony. Smile
CONOR
CONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Just an update, I was still toying with the idea of a 360...I feel now it could be the route to go! I know for a fact that Perfect Dark and Shadow Complex would be games i'd buy on day one.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:39 am

They're cheap enough now anyway, that it would be a little silly not to pick one up lol.

Sainsburys are still knocking the Elite out for 160 quid Very Happy
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum