TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo wants to get consoles, handhelds into schools

2 posters

Go down

Nintendo wants to get consoles, handhelds into schools Empty Nintendo wants to get consoles, handhelds into schools

Post by rbevanx Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:07 am

Shigeru Miyamoto, the man behind the Mario franchise has said today in an interview with the AP that he is trying very hard to get Nintendo's DS handheld into schools as teaching tools or educational aids.

"That is maybe the area where I am devoting myself (the) most," Miyamoto adds.

He notes that the DS is already used in museums and aquariums and that the gaming giant will begin to release the DS "in junior high and elementary schools in Japan starting in the new school year."

Additionally, the designer, when asked about new motion control systems Natal and Move, simply said he was "honored" that Microsoft and Sony were following in the path of the Wii, for which Miyamoto also has design credit.

Sounds like a good idea to me Laughing but what do others think
rbevanx
rbevanx

Back to top Go down

Nintendo wants to get consoles, handhelds into schools Empty Re: Nintendo wants to get consoles, handhelds into schools

Post by Pwiimus Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:15 am

Won't happen over here :\
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Nintendo wants to get consoles, handhelds into schools Empty Re: Nintendo wants to get consoles, handhelds into schools

Post by rbevanx Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:27 am

I agree but it could work thinking about it.

I have always felt that work in schools are too boring and could be easier to learn.
I remember doing some Algebra in school and telling my teacher it's pointless, boring and had no real purpose in the real world.
She couldn't argue back with me but I did algebra again in college for electronics and found it far easier and more interesting when being used in the real world.
Maybe if kids did maths alongside Modern Warfare 2 it could work lol.
"Your enemy has 5 bombs, 12 planes and 7 tanks. You have 1 tank and 3 bombs. Now work out a way just to have tanks"

Something like that anyway lol.
rbevanx
rbevanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down