TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid: Other M

+13
shinkukage09
Smudge
NotNamedJohn
PlatinumSamusUK
Matt
GhostAnime
RawkHawk
lammaboy17
Vexan
Dunncor
Ghost
Komodo_Zero
Darren
17 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Metroid: Other M - Page 5 Empty Re: Metroid: Other M

Post by Pwiimus Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 am

cheers
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:40 pm

I saw the Screw Attack in there; and was that the remnants of the space station in the announcement trailer at 0:15? It looked similar, but more like a solid, like some kind of ancient structure from some long dead planet. Chozo origin? Maybe.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 am

That trailer was awesome! I'm like the switching between 2D/3D gameplay to FPS. I think I might have to get the Metroid Prime collection to tie me over for Other M!
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:15 am

Definately do that, especially if you can find a copy of Trilogy. They aren't manufacturing copies any more, so you might be looking at preowned, but it's more than worth it. Don't expect it to be too similar to Other M though, the gameplay is miles apart.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Will be picking this up, last Metroid game I played was on the GBA lol
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:19 am

I thought you'd be the last person to pick up a Metroid game!
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komodo_Zero Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:37 am

The more the merrier though!
Komodo_Zero
Komodo_Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 am

Indeed! Can I ask a favour of you KZ to release some equity in your estate so us poor people can have some copies of Other M?
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:45 am

With the Japanese release date announced who thinks Other M will be dated at E3 for EU with a playable demo on stage?
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:52 am

I think the game will be playable on the floor, I don't think it'll get a mention on stage, but I think we'll see a trailer.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:05 am

I sure hope so!

I want to play this game so damn much.
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Of course it'll be included. There'll be footage reel, and it's highly likely they'll have a demo. The gaming press are looking very closely at the Nintendo x Team Ninja partnership, and at the end of the day, the conference is for the media. No doubt there'll be a show floor demo too. I can imagine they'll have to show us some Zelda too. Probably just a trailer though, I can't say I really want to see more.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 pm

If there is a show floor demo, then I suppose that's a good thing. However i'll be naturally annoyed at the BASTARDS who get to play it before I do. Very Happy

Really really hoping for a trailer includin plenty of new info as well. It will top this year's Nintendo E3 conference right off. ^_^
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:16 pm

I speak to people who have already played the demo, mighty jealous Smile I worry in case I see any spoilers, but part of me would want to watch it anyway! I hope they're careful...no more delays, just make the game perfect and RELEASE IT ASAP!
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:19 pm

I want the UK to get it first! Then i lol at the yanks and the Japs. XD
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:24 pm

I feel like I want to go out for it and buy it from the shops to make a big day of it, problem is if I buy it online, then i'm getting it earlier.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:27 pm

I'll be honest, and say I feel exactly the same. Smile

I'll probably stick to getting it online, unless we get some good pre-order bonuses from retailers.
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:40 pm

I don't care so long as I get it for as little of my pennies as possible.

I wore a suit when I went to pick up corruption, that's my occasion.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:02 pm

I misread pennies as penises O_O'

I can't wear a suit to answer the door to the postman unfortunately Sad
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben64 Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:12 am

I also misread 'pennies' as 'penises' as I read Darren's post first. XD
Awesome DP Darren! I'll make mine the other half of that image! Very Happy

I might also consider wearing my suit to answer the postman, or something along the lines. XD
Ben64
Ben64
Graphics Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:44 pm

This is one game I would like to see at E3. I'm not quite sure with it but I do hope Nintendo show some kind of gameplay demo.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:04 am

Of course they will, it's a press event, they need to provide a playable version to the media given the closeness of the launch. There'll certainly be a show floor demo, and given that 2007 heralded an on-stage demo of Corruption, hope would have to be high of the same happening for Other M.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 am

Well I wasn't expecting anything so i'm very excited now
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by NotNamedJohn Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:09 am

The Yoshio Sakamoto interview video works on the Nintendo E3 website now (it wasn't working, for me at least, when it was initially available on the website). If you don't want to watch the 7 minute video, you can read the text below, typed by me exactly as it appears in the video.
Mr. Sakamoto talks about his first Metroid project since 2004.

about Other M
"Metroid was first developed for NES, which is called Family Computer System in Japan, then came 'Metroid II' for Game Boy, 'Super Metroid' for Super NES, and the most recent version is Metroid Fusion for Game Boy Advance. But there is a hole in the story continuity between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. This new version is recognized as the one that fills the story gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion."

about SAMUS ARAN
"A young Samus will appear in the game, as Samus looks back at her past. You will learn what kind of girl she had been and why she had acted in such a manner. And now that she has grown up a bit what kind of mindset does she have? And how will it change eventually? Now I think we have included this history of Samus. She has an inner fortitude. But she is compassionate at the same time. When she rescues the baby Metroid, this shows her kindness. But it also means that she is immature and unprofessional. Her imperfections add to her attractiveness and humanity. We wanted to show the players that Metroid is a story about a woman who has been fighting the whole time. So we have especially concentrated on showing the personal aspect of Samus, which is very attractive."

Wii + Other M
"The most important factor when we first thought about developing the new Metroid for Wii was, making this game controllable with just the Wii Remote. The Control Pad and the two buttons for character moves, shots and jumps. This was the basic rule for us to develop this game, so holding the Wii Remote horizontal was necessary. Holding the Wii Remote horizontal can replicate the feel of the original Metroid action, which is how the players used to play the previous Metroid games on NES and Game Boy Advance. The missiles and the beams are Samus's basic abilities. Our goal was to show her using these abilities in a 3D space. Making her look great moving around and defeating enemies, giving the final blow... We applied these actions as new elements. We'd like the players to enjoy the visuals of the fights with the bosses and the enemies, since I think they look epic and cool. So basically you move Samus by holding the Wii Remote horizontally, and in some of the fighting scenes you use the pointer as you do in an FPS. Searching is a very important element for Metroid. Searching around by pointing, and thinking, "What is this?" or "There is something over there." That's why we incorporated this feature. I had been saying that we need to develop this game with those specifications in mind. I also love the idea of a single Wii Remote controller. We are trying to make the controls as simple as can be but you can do very cool moves with these simple controls. We applied some groundbreaking game design, such as automating some particular motions, to make the players think, "Even I can operate this game with just a Wii Remote." People who grew up with the NES, who are now having kids can feel that it is playable for them. And kids... Kids these days are good at playing games, but any of them can have the impression that this game is easily playable, and it really is easily playable. Also, they can control characters' cool motions without even thinking about it. That impression - playing games are fun, Metroid is fun - will be carried over. I want all the players to know that not just Metroid but playing games in general is fun and easy. Team Ninja is an excellent team with a classic game creator's spirit and passion. Their passion and their effort to create good games came through to me. I was inspired by them and greatly appreciate them as a game developer. Each creator is looking at the same goal with their own creativity, and that made this game good."

to fans
"It's been a while since we launched the last Metroid game for a home console. We developed this game so that all the Metroid fans would say, "This is the Metroid that I wanted to play" or "This is the Metroid that I've been waiting for." At the same time, I am asking those players, "Is this the Metroid you wanted?" I assume this game meets fans' expectations. I hope you will enjoy this."
Sounds pretty interesting to me. What do you guys think about him ignoring the Prime Trilogy? Does that have any significance, or was it just not mentioned because those games aren't traditional Metroid titles? Or, take a third option; maybe Sakamoto didn't mention them because his involvement with them was little to none?
NotNamedJohn
NotNamedJohn

http://logicallyparadoxical.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:16 am

Sakamoto has disregarded the Metroid Prime series before, he said imagine it as an alternative universe Samus. Shame, I hope he at leasts accepts it into the timeline.

I gave this a watch last time, I was interested to see what he had to say and he seems to really care about the fans.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum