TheJoyPads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nintendo 3DS!

+10
Ben64
Wido
GhostAnime
PlatinumSamusUK
cheezysplosion
Pwiimus
RawkHawk
CONOR
Darren
Dunncor
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Nintendo 3DS! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Nintendo 3DS!

Post by Ghost Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:05 am

Nah :p

Metroid should never be a launch title!

A Mario or a Zelda on the other hand...
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:31 am

Why is that?

I want to see the virtual console for handhelds on the 3DS too, it makes sense..
Darren
Darren

http://www.shinesparkers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 pm

I think they should have a Mario and Pokemon title as launch games like with the DS. However, I think they also need to do something different too. F-Zero or Starfox, maybe?
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunncor Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Metroid simply isn't big enough to hold it's own as the highlighted release title for a new console.
Dunncor
Dunncor
Admin

http://www.thejoypads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 am

The closest we've had to a Metroid release game is the Metroid Prime Hunters demo that came with the DS.

Metroid could be a launch title (F-Zero was a GBA launch title), there'd just have to be bigger launch titles too like Mario.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Location : Imaginationland, where you burp where you fart and you fart where you burp :D

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:08 am

Prime 3 was meant to be a launch game with Wii, so was Galaxy, so was Brawl...

That worked well.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:44 am

Darren wrote:I wonder if Metroid Dread will be a launch title! Very Happy
Simply not big enough, as many others have said. Launch titles are supposed to go to everybody; just a niche.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:58 am

Oh, you mean a big launch titles like Pokemon Dash was for the DS? =/ Also, Metroid Hunters was included as part of the DS launch, although just a demo..

It is big enough
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:01 am

Oh, you mean a big launch titles like Pokemon Dash was for the DS?
Wasn't a launch title here but Pokemon is the second most sold series.

=/ Also, Metroid Hunters was included as part of the DS launch, although
just a demo..
Yes, just a demo. You can practically release any game as a demo.. because it's a demo. If people were forced to buy/download the demo, you'd see significantly less copies.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:03 am

I'm trying not to take much from what you've said in the chat to here, but calling Metroid a joke, isn't a very wise thing to do considering it's one of Nintendo's flagship titles, that does sell quite well.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:35 am

Darren wrote:I'm trying not to take much from what you've said in the chat to here, but calling Metroid a joke, isn't a very wise thing to do considering it's one of Nintendo's flagship titles, that does sell quite well.

I don't agree with what GA said about, Metroid being a joke but I have to say. When I think of Nintendo. Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong come straight to mind. A launch title for the 3DS will no doubt be a Mario game. A Mario Galaxy perhaps on the 3DS? Would be nice but I would want a change from the galaxy idea.

Metroid to be a launch title for the 3DS won't do it no favours. Nintendo will keep to what they know best. Zelda, Mario + Pokemon and Animal Crossing to be near enough launch titles or within its first year perhaps.
Wido
Wido

http://thejoypadsnews.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:41 am

Scott has a point, but the only problem with that is that F-Zero was a GBA launch title and Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt was the demo that came with the DS. I think Metroid could be a launch title, but it'd need Mario, Zelda or Pokemon with it.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:59 am

There is no reason Metroid couldn't be a launch title at all, however it would be a first considering Metroid gets delayed about 2-3 times before its games are released. Other M has already had one delay, i'm expecting another.

Metroid as well as a Pokemon or Zelda game could be a launch title, as could Mario. Another reason I suggested Metroid is because it's been over 8 years since we last the next true Metroid game. The last was Fusion in 2001.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Darren wrote:There is no reason Metroid couldn't be a launch title at all, however it would be a first considering Metroid gets delayed about 2-3 times before its games are released. Other M has already had one delay, i'm expecting another.

Metroid as well as a Pokemon or Zelda game could be a launch title, as could Mario. Another reason I suggested Metroid is because it's been over 8 years since we last the next true Metroid game. The last was Fusion in 2001.

Same could be said with Alan Wake with Remedy. Alan Wake was suppose to be a launch title for the Xbox 360. Remedy delayed it. Because what was going around them. Alan Wake wasn't up to scratch with their ideas or simply not what they expect. Hence the delay so many times. Finally come out and it was quite well received.

As a person who isn't heavily involved in Metroid but does know of its existence, because I have played Metroid Prime, Echoes and Corruption (enjoyed all 3). Metroid needs to be promoted more I think personally. Comparing to the othe Nintendo games such as Mario, Zelda, Pokemon. Metroid does compete against them. People who aren't gamers easily recgonise Mario, Pokemon and Zelda and other games from Microsoft and Sony. I can see a Metroid game on the 3DS, but not as a launch title. They need to appeal to the masses with a nice selection of games. Yes, Metroid would be one of them but a lot of people who buy the DS aren't people who know a lot about games. The DS is more catered for children and grown ups with the brain training and etc. Down the pipeline we will see a Metroid for the 3DS. I guess when they start to use the power of the 3DS more. They will show it off in style with a Metroid, Zelda or even a Star Fox.

Thats another. StarFox could be a launch title or F-Zero.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:55 pm

So Mario 64 didn't show off the DS in style?

I tell you what, let's just wait and see what happens shall we? Just to avoid all this speculation and disappointment.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostAnime Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:02 pm

So Mario 64 didn't show off the DS in style?
Keyword Mario.
GhostAnime
GhostAnime

Back to top Go down

Post by Wido Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Darren wrote:So Mario 64 didn't show off the DS in style?

I tell you what, let's just wait and see what happens shall we? Just to avoid all this speculation and disappointment.

Mario 64 DS sold quite a lot of copies as of being a launch title. Without speculating we got nothing to talk about.
Wido
Wido

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwiimus Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Sorry to say, Metroid as a launch title wouldn't make me buy the 3DS.

Having been a gamer of all systems for 26 years, Metroid has never done anything for me, at the risk of other users wrath I don't see the appeal ... sorry Sad

Last edited by Pwiimus on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pwiimus
Pwiimus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:38 pm

To each his own, but the initiated among us realise your being incorrect in your judgements.

Adding my two cents to the discussion, look at it in a logical perspective. Metroid as a Launch title would undoubtedly sell less units than Mario or Zelda or even Pokemon as a launch title, but it would still sell more units than it would were it not a launch unit. That said, it can be assumed that consumers new to Metroid would be purchasing the theoretical launch title, and therefore the series would be making it's way into the hands of possible new fans, expanding the game's audience, bringing it closer in line with the "Big 3" fanbase.

Logic assumes, but what actually happens is different. Nintendo are too focused on their established brands at times, almost blinkered to new market opportunities, and as such, it can almost be said to be a given that at least one of those big 3 games will be a launch title, opposed to Metroid. Not impossible though. Keyword; not.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Pwiimus wrote:Sorry to say, Metroid as a launch title wouldn't make me buy the 3DS.

Having been a gamer of all systems for 26 years, Metroid has never done anything more me, at the risk of other users wrath I don't see the appeal ... sorry Sad

To be fair, you're probably still trying to get over the fact they don't make hanafuda cards! 'PMSL' Cool

I like Owen's comment, Metroid normally needs a bit of time to make it awesome too. Although the demo of Hunters was with the DS, it didn't really boost any popularity for Metroid, probably because it took a couple of years after that demo before the game was actually released =/
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by RawkHawk Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:08 am

One thing I'd like to point out is that some shops still sell copies of some launch games and of Metroid Prime Hunters at a high price. This might affect sales positively and negatively.
RawkHawk
RawkHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:12 pm

The Nintendo 3DS, if announced, will be the pinnacle of gaming, because I've heard rumours that the technology is the best we'll have ever seen, high quality screen and such. It will cost a lot, if ever made.
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumSamusUK Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 pm

If? It's definately coming, Nintendo have said that themselves. I doubt very much that it'll be upward of iPad quality, there's very little point in that, the audience won't pay that sort of price. As a handheld, it needs to come in under £200. PSPGO! launched at £250, and you can almost buy a PS3 for that. It was commercial suicide, and sales reflect that. the GO! was dead before it was born. Nintendo, other than the Virtual Boy, are lucky enough to have not been in that position.
PlatinumSamusUK
PlatinumSamusUK
The Regginator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:23 pm

I don't think that's true Matt, it needs to be affordable, it can't be at the price of apple products for example. If 3DS is to be announced i'm expecting it to be upwards of £150 no doubt, as they haven't been afraid to go there. I'd go as far as saying £179.99 for 3DS.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

I guess Nintendo can prove to us once again that they make stuff for everyone to buy, because Apple are just like 'you can't afford us? well gtfo.'

I'm sure the 3DS will be a piece of gaming magic, I just hope it hasn't cost too much to make like I've heard.
Matt
Matt

http://www.thekidsdaily.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next